+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony TTS-8000 Turntable

I'm Carsten.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    new cartridge to try, sounding nice,im not sure of the hours and i can bearly see the tip (story of my life!)
    Is it the one which was up for sale in Denmark ?
    English is not my native language, so any grammar & spelling errors is due to my crappy Smartphone..

Speakers: Franco Serblin Accordo.
    Amp: Yamaha A-S2100.
    Turntable 1: Sony TTS-8000 in a TB-2000 plinth with:
    Tonearm 1: Helius Phaedra & Benz LP-S.
    Tonearm 2: Reed 2A & ?
    Turntable 2: Garrard 401, Jelco SA-750E & Shelter 501 classic.
    Phonostage: Modwright PH 9.0 w. US Amperex 7308.
    Step-up: Allnic AUT-2000.
    Head-amp: GS Elevator EXP.
    Cables: AN Qssc, Belden 8402 & Audience au24.

http://www.discogs.com/user/Nonnegativ

Bigman80 Guest

it seems fine mate plus i have the added bonus of doing small tweaks tightening or loosening the screws,a fiddlers delight! lol
    im seriously thinking about cancelling the ART-9.
    what loading and tracking weight do you use,200 ish ohms seems about right to me,tracking at 2.5g
    Phew! I am seriously relieved lol. I hated pointing that site out but they have always been good to me. Glad it's worked out fine.

Loading:

I load mine at 250R as i had the exact value resistors to make it. I have loaded at 200R and 220R but I prefer 250.

Weight:

2.5g is what mines at I think. It was setup by Angus who is my Ortofon guru so maybe he can chime in.

I had the ART7, Vienna and Kb here at the same time over an extended listen and obviously with the Vienna being unobtainable, it being "the best" of the three made no difference. Over a week or so of constant listening, the Kb outdid the ART7 on bottom end detail and soundstage width IMHumbleO but you may have had a different result.

As Mikey said, it's not shy of bass, regardless of accusations of the Ortofon house sound being sterile, that's because it was made before the went detail/lean tone crazy.

Its a great listen and only one cartridge will dislodge mine, IF I can ever get one.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonnegativ View Post
    Is it the one which was up for sale in Denmark ?
    no this has come from austria,
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Phew! I am seriously relieved lol. I hated pointing that site out but they have always been good to me. Glad it's worked out fine.

Loading:

I load mine at 250R as i had the exact value resistors to make it. I have loaded at 200R and 220R but I prefer 250.

Weight:

2.5g is what mines at I think. It was setup by Angus who is my Ortofon guru so maybe he can chime in.

I had the ART7, Vienna and Kb here at the same time over an extended listen and obviously with the Vienna being unobtainable, it being "the best" of the three made no difference. Over a week or so of constant listening, the Kb outdid the ART7 on bottom end detail and soundstage width IMHumbleO but you may have had a different result.

As Mikey said, it's not shy of bass, regardless of accusations of the Ortofon house sound being sterile, that's because it was made before the went detail/lean tone crazy.

Its a great listen and only one cartridge will dislodge mine, IF I can ever get one.
    to me at the moment it sounds more real with texture to the sound if you know what i mean,very good in the bass dept too.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

to me at the moment it sounds more real with texture to the sound if you know what i mean,very good in the bass dept too.
    I know exactly what you mean and it's why I've been ultra reluctant to get mine retipped and upgraded by Killian. I want to wear it out first.

I'm Ian.

Reading between the lines it's quite organic then …...
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    Reading between the lines it's quite organic then …...
    Its got this uncanny ability to create a very life-like quality to the sound. Shape and dimension to vocals and instruments without discrimination.

I think, if you can find one, they are one of the best cartridges about and I've compared a great many.

If I'd found anything better, that was still available, I'd have bought it.

I'm Angus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Weight:

I run the Vienna (and the Kontrapunkt B before that) at 2.6gm. I've always found somewhere in the upper half of the recommended range works best for me.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by phonomac View Post
    I run the Vienna (and the Kontrapunkt B before that) at 2.6gm. I've always found somewhere in the upper half of the recommended range works best for me.
    Ah! There we go!

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by phonomac View Post
    Cheers Angus, hope your keeping well
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast