+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony TTS-8000 Turntable

Bigman80 Guest

"better than old sp10s"

Good job mine is fully refurbished and up to modern day spec.

I'm Robert.

Dont doubt the speed stability of the TTS-8000 at all but (audibly) better than an SP-10 ? - thats some statement.

The SP10 is a seriously speced, highend broadcast tt as that was the intent and aim of Technics from the offset, it has superb / 'perfect' speed stabilty - I've heard Angus's.

I'd guess that the SP-10 has better speed stability than my own quartz locked modded 1210 which is again 'perfect' to my ears, no hint of waiver or anything that ears would detect other than tight, pitch-perfect metronomic rhythm.

I doubt very much that the ears would be able to discern one's pitch stabilty better over the other of either deck running without issue at original and correct factory spec'...
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Geoff.

Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Mike.

The SP-10 is a very fine deck indeed but the best of its equivalent peer group ? I can't imagine that could be proved, or otherwise.

Surely it ultimately doesn't matter, as long as we have the best that we can afford, that suits our requirements / ears / tastes / listening environment.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Mike.

I'm Geoff.

Identical wow and flutter
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    The SP-10 is a very fine deck indeed but the best of its equivalent peer group ? I can't imagine that could be proved, or otherwise.

Surely it ultimately doesn't matter, as long as we have the best that we can afford, that suits our requirements / ears / tastes / listening environment.
    Exactly ! SP10, TTS-8000, PS-X9, Pioneer P3, Trio L07 D and the other top DD's, High end Denon, Micro Seiki etc etc all quartz locked dd's where it's more a case of different in terms of sound rather than pitch stability being audibly better type thing in my view.

It's like comparing exec / top Merc, BMW, Audi ... there all excellent high end cars, maybe a bit different if anything
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    Yep !
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Mike.

'zackly

Wouldn't imagine there is a determinable difference between most of the higher end Jap DD's as Mr. Gong above says.

Bigman80 Guest

Yet, apparently one has better speed, timing, etc blah blah

They are both high end TTs and anyone who owns either are very lucky to do so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast