+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony TTS-8000 Turntable

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by 2kings View Post
    Make that 5.
    I have one with the PUA 9 arm.
    That is very pretty!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Few more coming out the woodwork!!

When are you lot selling??

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk
    Sold mine last year - sorry!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Sold mine last year - sorry!
    Only a year late then lol.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

In my experience, the Sony oil filled mat is always the best for the application.

I tried a dozen or so different mats and nothing was as good as the original oil filled.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Paul.

Sadly my oil filled mat introduces a slight warp into every record but it is quite playable. For the last few years I've been using an SDS mat with the Origin Live mat as a cover. Similar total thickness to the Sony mat, approx 3mm.

I compared them again today and I still find the SDS/OL combo loses nothing to the Sony mat and betters it by offering a more open, airier presentation. YMMV.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    Sadly my oil filled mat introduces a slight warp into every record but it is quite playable. For the last few years I've been using an SDS mat with the Origin Live mat as a cover. Similar total thickness to the Sony mat, approx 3mm.

I compared them again today and I still find the SDS/OL combo loses nothing to the Sony mat and betters it by offering a more open, airier presentation. YMMV.
    Interesting. I use the SDS with the neoprene cover though I would like to use the original if it wasn't 'rim heavy'.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Paul.

I tried the SDS with the neoprene cover back when I had a PS-6750. I had slight static problems in that room and the neoprene mat kept lifting with the record. The OL mat put a stop to that. It's as thin as the neoprene at 1mm.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    I tried the SDS with the neoprene cover back when I had a PS-6750. I had slight static problems in that room and the neoprene mat kept lifting with the record. The OL mat put a stop to that. It's as thin as the neoprene at 1mm.
    I think that is a common fault with the neoprene. I have also tried the SDS with a Ringmat anniversary but I am buggered if I tell a difference.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Paul.

I don't remember the OL mat being a particular sonic upgrade over the neoprene at the time but my system was more basic. It was all about the static.

I'm Paul.

I'm going to be selling my original Sony plinth on ebay at some point. I also have the spirit level and concentric 45 adapter that fit in the plinth recess. I was thinking of selling them separately as they're really very rare. I'd be grateful for any advice on what they might be worth? Or am I committing a crime against hi-fi by separating them from the plinth?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast