+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony TTS-8000 Turntable

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    Yes really!
    It seems perfectly good advice to me, after all he knows what both sound like.
    Given that we have both heard a real vienna I’d say he’s spot on, warm sounding they not lol
    Lol I suppose so but I'd not describe the Vienna as clinical, I really like what it does!

I'm jamie.

I’m just saying what I was told by the guy that does the work mate.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Angus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    It came from Angus.....
    As advised by Kilian last week. Kontrapunkt and Vienna tension wires no longer available as spares.

Bigman80 Guest

I’m just saying what I was told by the guy that does the work mate.
    That's fair enough.

I have had the pleasure of listening to one frequently in my system so I'm very confident that the Vienna Upgrade would suit me perfectly.

I'd still like a spare Kb, just in case!

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by phonomac View Post
    As advised by Kilian last week. Kontrapunkt and Vienna tension wires no longer available as spares.
    With that in mind perhaps I should go for the upgrade before it’s too late, what do you think?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

With that in mind perhaps I should go for the upgrade before it’s too late, what do you think?
    IMHO, I would 100% get the Vienna upgrade before it's no longer possible as once they are gone, its gone forever and if I had the funds, mine would already be on the way. As it stands, its looking like a Cadenza Blue with FGS stylus is going to be the way to move forward once this option is no longer an option. Kb's pop up quite regular. Could always get another if you aren't happy.

Most of that is a paraphrase of what Angus said lol

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Interesting , might have to pull my finger out with my knackered KB
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm John.

If the option to rebuild a K'b to a design by Holistic Audio is becoming very limited due to the Ortofon parts being no longer available.
    My experience of the rebuilt K'b using these internal upgrade parts is extremely positive, hopefully they may be functioning for a few thousand hours so could work with a few diamond replacements.
    I can highly recommend the build service from Holistic Audio, and would say to the K,b owners assessing this as a build route, go for it, while it is still available.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Well i emailed HA re my KB which has a broken cantilever and got a (very quick!) reply as follows -

"thank you for your message. It is correct that we restore and upgrade many cartridge types. With the Kontrapunkt B there is an issue with broken-off cantilevers;* invariably that particular type of damage results in internal damage which cannot be restored as Ortofon has stopped the production of some vital components last November.

Since March of this year, we can only upgrade complete and operable Kontrapunkt Bs with worn tips etc.*

I'm sorry for having to bring you the bad news but as were are dependant on the manufacturer for the supply of several critical parts, this is has become the situation. Should you encounter a used but working Kontrapunkt B, we can help you with upgrade options as well as refreshing in terms of retip, new damper etc.**"

So if your KB is intact then you will be ok, unfortunately mine is a no go . However it has saved me some cash and he has confirmed that he can retip my Yatra when needed

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm jamie.

cheers for the info you two,so the vienna upgrade still retains the ruby cantilever in that case,i did wonder.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast