+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony TTS-8000 Turntable

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mac72 View Post
    VTA is a vertical tracking angle , I'm talking about SRA -stylus rake angle , here is a picture how to set up Replicant stylus taken from Ortofon website:

Rake angle should be setup between tracking surface and rear facet
    Yes you are correct! That'll teach me for scanning the post while I should be working lol

I'm Slav.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Yes you are correct! That'll teach me for scanning the post while I should be working lol
    We all do that from time to time ,
    my point is that the angle of Jamie's picture must be wrong as it looks nothing like Fritz Gyger stylus

Bigman80 Guest

my point is that the angle of Jamie's picture must be wrong as it looks nothing like Fritz Gyger stylus
    Just had a look at mine best I can and it looks very similar to Jamie's.

Rear of the cartridge is level and so it the headshell against the record surface.

Admittedly, I can't see the stylus very well.

I'm jamie.

that picture was taken on a cd,with a torch shinning from behind,it wasn't set up for correct sra.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Angus.

The Replicant is an FGS profile (described in the Fritz Gyger patent) and is quite different from the FGII which is the stylus profile on the Kontrapunkt B, so Ollie's and Jamie's pictures aren't going to look like the stylus in the top right of the picture. I covered this when I responded to the statement that the Vienna FGS (or Jimbo's retipped 2M) was the same as the Cadenza Blue - not remotely the same.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by phonomac View Post
    The Replicant is an FGS profile (described in the Fritz Gyger patent) and is quite different from the FGII which is the stylus profile on the Kontrapunkt B, so Ollie's and Jamie's pictures aren't going to look like the stylus in the top right of the picture. I covered this when I responded to the statement that the Vienna FGS (or Jimbo's retipped 2M) was the same as the Cadenza Blue - not remotely the same.
    Thanks Angus, as usual you know the details.

I'm jamie.

perhaps he will comment on are tonearm differences?
    post 139 https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...tioning/page14
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Slav.

Quote Originally Posted by phonomac View Post
    Yes , I have found some more details/differences between FGII and FGS , it's clearly visible on the cross- sections below :

To be honest after owning Cadenza Blue with standard FG stylus and Bronze with Replicant if I have a choice I would never go back to the former .
    Kontrapunkt B is a very nice cartridge btw , after hearing one I bought Cadenza Blue which in my opinion was better than "B" , I have also demoed Cadenza Black but despite being more truthful there was something not right/missing in the sound .

Bigman80 Guest

Yes , I have found some more details/differences between FGII and FGS , it's clearly visible on the cross- sections below :

To be honest after owning Cadenza Blue with standard FG stylus and Bronze with Replicant if I have a choice I would never go back to the former .
    Kontrapunkt B is a very nice cartridge btw , after hearing one I bought Cadenza Blue which in my opinion was better than "B" , I have also demoed Cadenza Black but despite being more truthful there was something not right/missing in the sound .
    It'll be a different world when they get retipped and upgraded to Vienna status (or as close as possible)

I'm Ian.

Get behind me boys, you'll have to try harder to beat this....
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast