+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony TTS-8000 Turntable

I'm Deleted.

I take it you don’t need a routing template making any more then?

————

My experience is that armboard material and construction are at least as important as general plinth material. However, I’m less impressed by the concept of separate arm pods.
    Account Deleted

I'm mark.

Quote Originally Posted by wumpling View Post
    Glad to see you're still enjoying the Sony, Jamie. A 110v model came up for sale recently near Lakenheath I think. Bit pricey considering it was missing plinth and cover. Perhaps you can pass on the old ones when you're done creating a new work of art.
    Mint in box and still smells brand new. Don't think it'd ever played a record. Worth every penny...

IMG_5353 by mark leatherland, on Flickr

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DiveDeepDog View Post
    Mint in box and still smells brand new. Don't think it'd ever played a record. Worth every penny...

Wow. Looks fantastic!

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I take it you don’t need a routing template making any more then?

————

My experience is that armboard material and construction are at least as important as general plinth material. However, I’m less impressed by the concept of separate arm pods.
    sorry mark i should have let you know.
    regarding arm boards and plinths is it better to have the armboard of a different damping factor,ie to act as a barrier for any vibration coming from the motor and flowing into the plinth? my limited knowledge says yes.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by DiveDeepDog View Post

very nice mate,i thought these were bloody rare? everbodys getting them now lol
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    very nice mate,i thought these were bloody rare? everbodys getting them now lol
    Ha ha, that's AOS for ya
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm mark.

I like to see what the fuss is all about myself, I've recently built an SP10 and didn't think enough to buy one myself then the TTS popped up.
    Plinth is WIP, Beech multiplex, Bentonite resin core with Corian arm board I still prefer Garrard

I'm jamie.

ah Bentonite is something ive been looking into lately,what do you think if used in conjuction with panzerholz? of course you could always through some chips of lead into the resin mix if you like
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm mark.

I forgot, I had a couple of kilo's of lead shot, thew that in too

I found the Bentonite/resin fairly easy, I may do another with 3mm ply skin and see what that does? It was accident, I only had 2 pieces of Multiplex left, the lower 2 layers were rings off the top 2 so I had a void to fill.

The Sony's so quiet and vibration free (compared to Garrard) I'm not convinced it needs much beyond a stable platform. Differences we're hearing are more to do with arm mounting .*

*1st go, I've got some alternative mounting options I've got to try, motor unit currently on stand-offs not touching the Corian, I may change my mind...

I'm John.

I am intending towards the end of this year to put my rebuilt SP10 mounted in the supplied non standard plinth ,
    TTS 8000 mounted in a non standard plinth (material to be selected ), GL75 fully overhauled and mounted in a Custom Plinth and a PTP Solid 9 with upgraded bearing, all under the scrutiny of a few different ears.
    All will have a Tenuto used at the time of audition, and I will use the same support for each audition.
    My experience tells me, that different supports/attenuation favor different devices, but the use of a standard support across the auditions, will be required to attain as much comparison info as possible.
    I am intending on using the PMAT-1010 on all the TT's.
    It will be a challenge, but if prepared for correctly, only the GL75, will be the worst candidate to exchange a Tonearm on, as the other three TT's will be prepped in advance to receive the PMAT-1010.
    It should be a interesting day of renovated DD's vs Idler Drives.
    I have heard the direct comparisons of the two designs on a few occasions, admittedly not with both sharing the same Tonearm, Cartridge and Equipment Support. The outcome to date is that I am not of total preference for either, but the strengths of the DD have won me over and I am now using DD TT's in the system as well as Idler. The idea of a showdown using like for like conditions during the replays should prove more revealing of the differences between the SQ's and strengths/weaknesses of each, as I am sure one vs the other will put forward different attractor/detractor moments .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast