+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony TTS-8000 Turntable

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Great thread. I remember when I recapped my 1210 all those years ago. Looks like this deck is getting the full monty.
    it is,i figure do it all once rather than keep taking it apart,im confident the wait will be worth it .
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Patrick.

I'm enjoying mine too much to take it apart.

I'm Andrew.

Do I see two small blue trim pots in the upper right of your PCB? Are you going to replace all the greens caps as well on the PCB? You'll be matching resistors next to 0.001% tolerance (just like on my paradise) next!!!!!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Do I see two small blue trim pots in the upper right of your PCB? Are you going to replace all the greens caps as well on the PCB? You'll be matching resistors next to 0.001% tolerance (just like on my paradise) next!!!!!
    if you mean the tx ones they are done on mine
    yep there are 2 trim pots for the manual speed option,im not doing any other caps,i just wanted for piece of mind to do the Electrolytics.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm jamie.

Default plinth progress

A bit more work done yesterday,
    my veneer press is earning its keep,having glued up the 2 beech mu25 boards i then glued them to the panzerholz top board. The mu25 was easy,i just used pva adhesive,the panzerholz being resin/veneer needed epoxy resin,for this i used the whest epoxy system.

Here they are in the press,

I shall profile the boards to shape at work tomorrow,then i can turn my attention to the top veneer first then the sides.
    This is the cocobolo veneer i will use for the top of the plinth,its a shame that most of it will be removed when i route out the hole for the turntable chasis.
    Both sheets are taped up and being flatterned in the press.
    Again i will use epoxy for the adhesive.

Last edited by karma67; 24-11-2019 at 17:10.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    A bit more work done yesterday,
    my veneer press is earning its keep,having glued up the 2 beach mu25 boards i then glued them to the panzerholz top board. The mu25 was easy,i just used pva adhesive,the panzerholz being resin/veneer needed epoxy resin,for this i used the whest epoxy system.

Here they are in the press,

I shall profile the boards to shape at work tomorrow,then i can turn my attention to the top veneer first then the sides.
    This is the cocobolo veneer i will use for the top of the plinth,its a shame that most of it will be removed when i route out the hole for the turntable chasis.
    Both sheets are taped up and being flatterned in the press.
    Again i will use epoxy for the adhesive.

That is some lush grain.

Excellent stuff to look at. Can't wait for the final look

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

lovely looking veneer there , it will look great!
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    if you mean the tx ones they are done on mine
    yep there are 2 trim pots for the manual speed option,im not doing any other caps,i just wanted for piece of mind to do the Electrolytics.
    These trim pots might have gone off spec. It might be worthwhile checking to see how accurate they are and maybe changing them for something with a greater degree of accuracy. I did something similar with the trim pots on the Paradise phonostage and manage to get voltage accuracy to within 0.001mv. There might be something similar on some of the american sites which supply Military spec components.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm John.

Hi Jamie
    With the Lamination of Panzerholz and MU24/ Duplex, the waste material from the Cut out would make a very desirable core material for a Standalone Tonearm Pod.
    I had just recently offered a friend who makes standalone Tonearm Pods, a cut off, when it is available, from my 75mm thickness Permali, for the same task as I will outline.

I could see a 100mm Diameter Billet sandwiched between a Phosphor Bronze or Steel Base.
    The Top Plate could be made of Ebony, Corian, Delrin or even the naked Panzerholz,
    I have no doubts there would be a very pleasing attenuation on a standalone Tonearm, if mounted into a combination of these types of materials.
    Either way, you have done the hard work, so the last bit of the exercise would be relatively easy to complete.
    I'm sure a few will express a interest in such a device for the opportunities it can offer to try other arms out on a deck, or to overcome the restrictions of a plinth that can only take one Tonearm.

I'm Robert.

Beautiful stuf is cocobola
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast