+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to get my systemdek repaired?

I'm Alan.

Default Where to get my systemdek repaired?

Hi all,

I currently have a non working Systemdek IVe, the motor and electronics have been dismantled by a tech who looked at the table but was unable to fix it. There are no other repairers that I have located in Sydney willing to do the work.

I'll be in the UK in November for the whole month and was thinking of taking it with me and get it repaired or fit a new motor and electronics. Would anyone be able to recommend someone who maybe able to help restore my turntable, someone who has worked on Systemdek tables and familiar with their workings.

I'll be based in London and Kent but willing to travel to get the best advise and service if further afield.

Much appreciated for any advice as the turntable is in mint condition and be a shame to have it sitting around.

Thanks
    Alan

I'm Geoff.

If you're only here for a month, it may make more sense to determine what the problem may be and source parts here, rather than try and get repairs done on a short timescale. Repairers don't necessarily manage to meet deadlines.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    If you're only here for a month, it may make more sense to determine what the problem may be and source parts here, rather than try and get repairs done on a short timescale. Repairers don't necessarily manage to meet deadlines.
    Thanks Geoff. That was my first option but I have been having trouble getting technicians here in Sydney to actually do the job for me. If I can get a competent repairer, someone who is familiar with Systemdek specifically I am happy for them to ship it back to Sydney when the job is done.

Much appreciated if you know someone who could help.

Thanks
    Alan

I'm Deleted.

What's wrong with it? There is a good chance it is the electronics. This can be replaced by the Mose power supply.
    Account Deleted

I'm Anthony.

No direct experience of your particular deck, but from looking on the the 'net, like others (Pink Triangle LPT, Linn Axis/LP12), although it has an on/off switch, the circuit is connected to the mains all the time, and as such, the 2 main power resistors fail over time. I would have thought though this would be obvious to the engineer that looked at it, if he checked them. I doubt the motor itself will be at fault. Can you not take a photo of the board?

+ Reply to Thread