Mike,

Your read of the Bronze is quite accurate. I have compared the 2M Bronze with a Goldring 1022 (similar to the 1042 - same body, different stylus) on a Rega arm, and the 1022 was far more punchy, dynamic, full-bodied. Excellent bass drive and nice rich mids.

The Bronze was also excellent, but quite different - more detailed, delicate, light-footed, quick. I wouldn't call it analytical, just not terribly full-bodied, more detailed, more air and ambiance than the Goldring, which was forward and direct by comparison.

For most of the music that I presently have in my vinyl collection (jazz and rock), the Goldring sounded far better than the 2M Bronze. I'm sure if I had mostly classical or easy-going acoustic I might have preferred the lighter touch of the Bronze. But for straight-ahead driving jazz and rock, the Goldring is brilliant.

I tried both carts with a Rega R200 arm, then on a Rega RB300 arm, the latter being lower mass than your Jelco. Compliance-wise the Jelco should be a better match for the 1022.

Apparently the 1042 is even better yet than the 1022. Great cartridges!

Bottom line: both the Ortofon and the Goldring are excellent, but I think the 1022 or 1042 fits your needs description better. Let me know if you need more feedback on either.

Svend