+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to hi-fi.. what to buy?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Nuno.

Question New to hi-fi.. what to buy?

Hello all

I've been checking on some stores what's the best solution for me...
    I don't have a TV set, or DVD or blu-ray or play games.
    I do have a computer at home with a 27 inch screen, and I often watch netflix contents, youtube or play some mp3.

Since all my audio content is only stereo, I'm a bit apprehensive about what amplifier to get.
    I used to drive a lot, and I miss the immersive feeling you have in a car with several speakers so I would like to achieve the same.

I went to a store and asked for advise and they suggested me to be away of the the all surround systems as those are meant mostly for multichannel content and on playing stereo content, most of the speakers would only introduce noise.
    Said that, the solution presented do me was the Yamaha R-N303D - which I'm almost convinced is my best choice.
    Has 4 channels and is mostly focused on streaming media. As far as I understood, it relies too much on a app... on the first sight I can't find fader or balance buttons on the panel.

The day after I left the store I found a deal for Denton 2 speakers on my area. I saw some reviews and bought them. I was super excited as I got my first element of my set.
    I've been googling around and found that this speaker have an impedance of 6 ohms. The amplifier manual is clear that I shouldn't connect speakers with an impedance lower than 8 ohms. I accept that ... but makes me wondering, because I can that is possible to adjust some amplifiers to lower impedance speakers.

My studio is not square shaped, is more in shape of a cross.. the larger dimensions for each side are 6m x 8m respectively, so I would definitely like to have more than one set of speakers.

What amplifier would you recommend to add to my Denton 2 (6 ohm) speakers?
    (I have no idea about the sound of the speakers, I bought them as they are, and didn't had the chance to try them)

Or forget about the Denton and get another thing? What kind of specs should I be looking for? Looking for "4 channel amplifier" most of the times I found solutions to put speakers in multilple rooms with different content per room - that's is not what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your time

PS: I believe I've posted in the wrong section. I would like to kindly ask one of the moderators to move this to the appropriate section. Thanks
    Last edited by nunogrl; 13-09-2018 at 10:19. Reason: PS added

+ Reply to Thread