+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DAC acquired

I'm Kerry.

Default DAC acquired

After much debate with myself and whether expenditure was worth it for my 68 year old ears I bought an Audiolab M-DAC. A friend sold me a spare Grover RCA cable and the Cyrus’s DAC was bypassed.

Bloody great!!

The previous setup’s treble was coarse but now it’s smooth. The percussion attack is good and spacial imagry better.

When I get back from a couple of trips away I think I shall try a month’s free trial of Qobuz via the Mac.
    Dunlop Systemdek Transcription, Linn Itokk LVII, Dynavector 10X5, Dynavector P75 MkII pre-amp, Cyrus 8 and Cyrus Smartpower bi-amping to Ruark Talisman speakers. Digital is Cyrus CD7Q. AKG K550 headphones.

I'm gone.

I like the MDAC and have used it a lot in both my main systems over quite a few years.

Good clean, transparent, well focussed sound with loads of detail, can be a bit bright in a system with poor synergy.
    Excellent remote facilities.
    Great value, all told, when bought used imo.

I found the left/right balance controlled from the remote excellent recently when I was having bad ear problems!

Forget the 68 year old ears thing, I've known audiophiles well into their 70s who have appreciated what a good upgrade can do.

+ Reply to Thread