+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello everyone, new to the forum.

I'm Andy.

Default Hello everyone, new to the forum.

Good afternoon everyone,

My name is Andy Palmer, i'm a life-long lover of music and of course, HIFI. I have recently joined this forum as i have been lucky enough to find and purchase a pair of B&W 800D speakers, which are sucking the life out of my beautifully sounding Creek Destiny 2 amp.

The plan is to turn my Creek amp into a pre-amp, and give the B&W's some stand alone power amps - and one of the forum's members may have just what i need (depending on price of course!).

In life i have an engineering background and am a project manager. I look forward to being part of the community and sharing tales of the journey through sound.

Andy

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Andy,

I'm unfamiliar with your B&W 800D speakers, but assume they are not particularly sensitive. Do you have the volume control set near the end of its range for moderate listening levels? If so you need a more powerful amplifier.

I'm sure there will be someone here who can advise you.

What are your tastes in music BTW?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hi Andy. Welcome to AOS.

Looks like you have a dilema. It would be a shame to part with the Destiny 2, they are rather special.

Why not start a thread in the Blank Canvas area and discuss the situation with members.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

+ Reply to Thread