+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Starting Point Systems DAC3 battery dac

I'm Alan.

Default FS: Starting Point Systems DAC3 battery dac

Surplus to requirements, a Starting Point Systems DAC3 battery operated dac.

Extract the pure performance of the last built non-oversampling true 16-bit TDA1543 DAC from Philips®
    Provide equally high sound quality on either USB or SPDIF sources thanks to a very innovative reclocker
    USB, Optical & Coaxial inputs (a simple press on the button switches them in round-robin fashion)
    NO DRIVER Install necessary: uses the stock drivers of your OS: Linux, MacOS, and yes, Windows too (all flavors, XP, Win7/8...) just plug on USB and it's your default sound output !
    Frequency indicator (works the same on all inputs) always tells you the REAL sample rate of your source (your computer/transport can't lie to you)
    DIR9001 96 kHz SPDIF Receiver
    Supports sampling frequencies from 28kHz to 108kHz (continuous range, including non-standard frequencies)
    TDA1543 16-bit DAC - the original from Philips®
    Passive I/V conversion
    No Op-Amp - direct output with 2Vpp (will drive any power amp well)
    Huuuge capacitors on the output path provides sub-Hertz cutoff frequency (<0.3Hz on a 10kOhms input)
    Three Stage power supply regulation (for a super low background noise level)
    Separate voltage regulator for the DAC and the Digital SPDIF receiver (same reason as above)
    Battery-powered with dual 9V NiMH batteries
    Smart battery charger on-board (quickly charges the batteries when depleted, keeps them charged at low current when idle)
    Will Directly drive any power amplifier or preamp
    Easy to carry around and make it listen to yours friends
    2+ hours of listening on the batteries, if used standalone with spdif source

I bought this at a good price so I'm asking -
    £65 delivered in the UK

I'm malcolm.

pm sent
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Alan.

Provisionally sold.

+ Reply to Thread