+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: State Pension rant

I'm Steve.

I think most of us are aware that we are governed and told how to live by a lazy, selfish, wasteful, corrupt bunch of bastards who don't deserve to live to retirement age.

It's an all-party problem, so it's never going to go away, but we skirt around it, trying to find other solutions to our financial woes because we are powerless to do anything about the real cause, short of a revolution.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Exactly, and a revolution is a right pain in the arse, worse than having to clear out the spare room because someone is coming to stay.

Plus once it's over you just end up with another bunch of dicks telling you what's what with another bunch of holier-than -thou types egging them on.

I've been saying for years all us normal, non-fanatical people should get together, buy a Caribbean island and then all sneak off there one night and set up a new country without all the nonsense. No killing, no robbing, no punching below the waist. That's all the laws you need.

By the time the rest of them realise what's happened we'll be sat on the beach earning 6 percent. Once they've all died off or killed each other we can move back if we want.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    the solution is make drink, drugs, tobacco loads cheaper stop whining on about obesity and lack of exercise and let people lead short, unhealthy but fun-packed lives.

They told everyone to stop eating fat because of heart disease, and the idiots who listened are now all on pills for depression because their serotonin levels are so low, and now they've decided it wasn't bad for you after all.

Solution: Make it illegal for the government to interfere in people's lives or tax or ban things because some self-important nonce of a doctor decides it's 'bad'; save a shedload of money on idiotic departments and campaigns and reduce average life expectancy back down to three score and ten like the Bible says it's supposed to be.

With a retirement age of 67 most people will only get a pension for 3 years. Problem solved.
    I don't know how true this is, but someone recently told me that the entire "war on fat" for all these years was started by a Russian scientist back in the early 20th century who discovered that fat was extremely harmful to health. Notice I have left out the word "human" when mentioning health, because this same scientist was feeding dairy products and raw fat to rabbits to arrive at this conclusion because the rabbits all died. Equally as absurd then is we are now told that dairy and fats are actually good for human health.

In the last week alone I am told that Statins and Aspirin commonly prescribed for people with heart conditions (myself included) because both these drugs are either harmful or have no benefits.

It wasn't that long ago they found out that current flows in the opposite direction to what was thought with established wisdoms. So with a track record like that, little wonder I get a short fuse with the objectivists who rigidly support their supposedly infallible scientific idols.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by nonuffin View Post

It wasn't that long ago they found out that current flows in the opposite direction to what was thought with established wisdoms. .
    It was quite long time ago and they only got it wrong because they had no way to check back then so they made a fifty-fifty punt and lost.

Otherwise, good rant.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've been saying for years all us normal, non-fanatical people should get together, buy a Caribbean island and then all sneak off there one night and set up a new country without all the nonsense. No killing, no robbing, no punching below the waist. That's all the laws you need.
    I'm in, when do we go?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I'm in, when do we go?
    That's two of us then, plus Mrs F. We just need about another million people. Ask around but keep it quiet.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

If the door policy only allows normal people in, count me in too!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

We'll have a screening process, don't worry.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a 'normal' person (especially in Hi-Fi circles ).

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Unfortunately there is no such thing as a 'normal' person (especially in Hi-Fi circles ).
    How it will work is I'm the benchmark and then there's a little bit of leeway either side of that.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast