+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: State Pension rant

I'm malcolm.

Default State Pension rant

Here's the scenario:

My friend was born September 1953, I was born July 1954. We started school on the same day and travelled through school in same school year until we were 17 and then left on the same day. We started work on the same day and continued work without a break. We retire - he receives his state pension starting on his 65th birthday, I have to wait until I am 65 and 10 months old!

Even worse with my wife, who's birthday is November 1954 - just missed out on collecting hers at age 60 by a few months and so has to wait until she is 66!!

We could have bought this with that money:

Last edited by willbewill; 11-09-2018 at 13:17.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Alan.

My wife was also made to wait but not quite so long.
    It has basically been a huge poke in the eye for a lot of women of a certain age, what should have happened is the balance should have been struck by making the universal age 60, but that was never likely to happen.

I'm John.

Yes this was one of the coalition's remedies for the financial crisis the likes of you and your wife didn't cause. I assume you're not fat cat bankers.

I'm Kevin.

I hope there is still a state pension when I retire.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

Get workin' :d
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Ive no issue with women's pension age rising. The equality act kinda made it a necessity really. obviously if your caught in it, its not funny, but with folk living so much longer, the retirement age is going to get higher, or be abandoned.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

My wife had to wait an extra couple of years. I retired early at 61. Can't figure out how I had the time for a job, got too much to do as it is.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Get workin' :d
    I am on holiday....
    I should have a maximum state pension available to me when I retire, plus a small French state pension, plus my private pension. I am just hoping I make it to retirement age now.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Clive.

Your 8 months wait whilst not great isn't too bad. The female rise should have been stepped in some way, ie a gradual introduction.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Paul.

I think that if the various governments really had our interests in mind they would have gradually put up the pension age inline with the increase in life expectancy. While it would have been a little but unpopular people would eventually understand that it would be beneficial for the following generations. Also the issue of not enough jobs for younger people due to the extended time the older generation remains in work could have been tackled in bitsized pieces.

Instead they just ignored the issue just so they could not be unpopular knowing full well it would eventually hugely affect future generations, but by that time the politicians of the time would have retired on generous pensions themselves and it would be someone elses problem.
    ~Paul~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast