+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: State Pension rant

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    How it will work is I'm the benchmark and then there's a little bit of leeway either side of that.
    Well that's the whole project sunk without a trace then!

I'm Martin.

Well I've already got 3 people on board, how many have you got for your project?

We'll need some science and techy types too because we'll need to find a way to make Guinness out of coconuts. Amongst other things.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

To a large extent the older generation have pulled up the rope ladder after them. It was probably always the way

I just see large bubbles and a system that doesnt really work. The young are not going to be paying for the old on zero hour contracts and lower salaries

In a better system the pension should kick in from about the age of 50. Theres deliberate policy going on where the working class are having to work later and later to make ends meet.

I dont want to live till Im 100 but it would be nice to see state retirement allowing some quality time before old age takes its toll

I'm Geoff.

Well I've already got 3 people on board, how many have you got for your project?

We'll need some science and techy types too because we'll need to find a way to make Guinness out of coconuts. Amongst other things.

There will of course be a need for somebody to organise Security and Defence. Being the ideal candidate, that will naturally fall to me.

I'm Ian.

Not too sure there are any uninhabited Caribbean islands so what happens to the folk already living there?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Not too sure there are any uninhabited Caribbean islands so what happens to the folk already living there?
    Nah. No need, we'll just seize The Isle of Wight, declare secession and claim alliance with France, they'd be delighted and jump at it just to piss off our government. It's just the right size and ideally placed for getting supplies from across the channel, seeing as the British Government would try and make things difficult.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    We'll chuck 'em a few quid, they'll be fine.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    I just see large bubbles and a system that doesnt really work. The young are not going to be paying for the old on zero hour contracts and lower salaries
    This zero hour contracts thing makes me laugh. Like it's come about all of a sudden. When I was young I was working zero hour contracts, that was before they even had a name for them. Stupid name as well, I was doing 80 hour weeks on one of them. IIRC over a two year period there was only 1 day when there was no work to do and they said don't come in.

I don't think there is any way that retirement for everyone at 50 can ever be financially viable, although it would mean I could pack it in in two weeks time. That does sound good
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Will the coconuts want shaving first? I had my eye on that job. I also wanted to be in charge of banana-bending, as a big F-you to EU.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    There will of course be a need for somebody to organise Security and Defence. Being the ideal candidate, that will naturally fall to me.
    Yes I heard you'd bought a Milbro catapult.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast