+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: State Pension rant

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    Pension schemes made much more sense 50 years ago. People started work at 16 and worked until they were 60 or 65. They received a pension for 5 - 10 years and then popped their clogs. It was a sustainable system.
    Now people don't start work until they're in their 20's - everybody has to have a degree - and they live till they're 100. The numbers just don't add up anymore.
    Added to which the cost of keeping them alive to 100 and looking after them is crippling. And very few have any quality of life at that age.

We need life clocks like in Logan's Run. Once you get to 80 you're off to carousel.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Added to which the cost of keeping them alive to 100 and looking after them is crippling. And very few have any quality of life at that age.

We need life clocks like in Logan's Run. Once you get to 80 you're off to carousel.
    average age is around 80 anyway. not sure anyone will vote for that, but if it comes in, the faking of birth certificates and online hacking will become a great business to be in.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

not sure there is a workable solution that will suit western and 1st world ideals. to get a pension of about 30k a young person starting out needs to save about 500 a month for working life. for most, thats not possible, especially because house prices are so high, and most of the property and cash is held by the current old, and the very wealthy.
    obviously the best solution will be for the young to look after their parents, both care wise and financially.....yeah, right
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

the solution is make drink, drugs, tobacco loads cheaper stop whining on about obesity and lack of exercise and let people lead short, unhealthy but fun-packed lives.

They told everyone to stop eating fat because of heart disease, and the idiots who listened are now all on pills for depression because their serotonin levels are so low, and now they've decided it wasn't bad for you after all.

Solution: Make it illegal for the government to interfere in people's lives or tax or ban things because some self-important nonce of a doctor decides it's 'bad'; save a shedload of money on idiotic departments and campaigns and reduce average life expectancy back down to three score and ten like the Bible says it's supposed to be.

With a retirement age of 67 most people will only get a pension for 3 years. Problem solved.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Added to which the cost of keeping them alive to 100 and looking after them is crippling.
    It's not really expensive. What does cost mega amounts is the gross profiteering from any private 'services' involved.

I'm Grant.

at a guess the state probably pays out 60 billion in state pensions from about 100 billion that comes in(very rough figure lol), so its only leaving 40 billion for health care and all the other things like maternity , bereavement etc.
    we need to increase ni payments or reduce the length we pay them, or amount given.....or steal from peter....
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

the solution is make drink, drugs, tobacco loads cheaper stop whining on about obesity and lack of exercise and let people lead short, unhealthy but fun-packed lives.

They told everyone to stop eating fat because of heart disease, and the idiots who listened are now all on pills for depression because their serotonin levels are so low, and now they've decided it wasn't bad for you after all.

Solution: Make it illegal for the government to interfere in people's lives or tax or ban things because some self-important nonce of a doctor decides it's 'bad'; save a shedload of money on idiotic departments and campaigns and reduce average life expectancy back down to three score and ten like the Bible says it's supposed to be.

With a retirement age of 67 most people will only get a pension for 3 years. Problem solved.
    there was a plan to refuse healthcare and benefits to folk who drank excessively or smoked. big brother if you like but it was an idea.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Time to revisit those controversial ideas put forward by Chief Constable Richard Brunstrom and Judge John Pickles and many others and rejected out of hand by successive governments who really wouldn't care if they didn't fear it would lose them the vote.

Making the sale and use of all drugs legal - the government can take on the cultivation/manufacture of drugs and sell them at licensed outlets like they do with alcohol. There is an enormous mark up with this, which is all money for the treasury. Drug-related crime rates will drop through the floor, meaning an end to the cripplingly expensive 'war on drugs' and the burden on the courts and the prison service will be greatly reduced.

There will be casualties, but the way I see it every death as a result of drug abuse is a pension saved. Sounds a bit harsh and heartless, but we are heading for some desperate times, and the current way of doing things isn't working.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Time to revisit those controversial ideas put forward by Chief Constable Richard Brunstrom and Judge John Pickles and many others and rejected out of hand by successive governments who really wouldn't care if they didn't fear it would lose them the vote.

Making the sale and use of all drugs legal - the government can take on the cultivation/manufacture of drugs and sell them at licensed outlets like they do with alcohol. There is an enormous mark up with this, which is all money for the treasury. Drug-related crime rates will drop through the floor, meaning an end to the cripplingly expensive 'war on drugs' and the burden on the courts and the prison service will be greatly reduced.

There will be casualties, but the way I see it every death as a result of drug abuse is a pension saved. Sounds a bit harsh and heartless, but we are heading for some desperate times, and the current way of doing things isn't working.
    ive been advocating it for years.. it works
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    there was a plan to refuse healthcare and benefits to folk who drank excessively or smoked. big brother if you like but it was an idea.
    We're trying to reduce the length of time people live, not increase it so how would that work? heavy smokers pay more in duty and tax than it costs to treat them in any case, and there's not much can be done for most of them.

Andrew's right, people are so thick that they think if there was just enough money we could all live forever.

I'm also fed up with the assumption that the only problem with any service or system is that it doesn't have enough money being chucked at it.

That seems to be taken for granted now when the fact is that you could chuck billions more in and nothing would improve because the real problem is incompetence, laziness and stupidity.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast