+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Its cosy on cold nights to get home and put the fire on..

I'm Geoff.

Don't forget the roasted chestnuts and baked potatoes done in the hearth.

I'm Grant.

My gran had a big brass toasting fork. Think my mum had one too

Used to roll spuds in mud and cook them in a campfire when young. They tasted great but that's probably coz we were kids
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI 2B/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO,RPI 3 IQDIGI/VOLUMIO - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN MAIN SPKRS/Q ACOUSTIC BT3 ACTIVES & CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**

I'm Steve.

We also used to bake spuds in campfires, but I never knew about rolling them in mud. Maybe that's why they were always black as coal. I always ate the charred skins though, and I'm happy to report no ill effects

Perhaps more foolhardy on these "outdoor activities" was seeing how many of us could hang off the rope swing before it broke. Usually about six.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    We also used to bake spuds in campfires, but I never knew about rolling them in mud. Maybe that's why they were always black as coal. I always ate the charred skins though, and I'm happy to report no ill effects

Perhaps more foolhardy on these "outdoor activities" was seeing how many of us could hang off the rope swing before it broke. Usually about six.
    My mate then had a farm; well his dad did lol so we got to play there and they had a big wood so that was the playground and where we cooked etc.was out in country so great fun.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI 2B/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO,RPI 3 IQDIGI/VOLUMIO - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN MAIN SPKRS/Q ACOUSTIC BT3 ACTIVES & CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**

I'm Steve.

We can count ourselves lucky Grant - living in the country or having it close by made for some great memories, and we learned practical skills without realising it. I know plenty of folk who grew up in towns and didn't have this, and I think they missed out on a lot.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234