+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Military aircraft classics

I'm Shaun.

There is a Lockheed F-94 Starfire at the museum at Elvington near to York that I would so love to get a fine portrait of but every time I go it is in yet another shit location. One day maybe the whole situation will be spot on. I live in hope.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Yes indeed. I remember seeing an early F15 in blue and orange at an airshow at RAF Binbrook during 1977. At that time it just took my breath away and was the only thing I had seen that could perform like a Lightning. These days we see them constantly at RAF Donna Nook about ten miles down the road.
    I'm not sure its rate of climb (to intercept those nuclear bombers in time) was comparable but I could be wrong.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I'm not sure its rate of climb (to intercept those nuclear bombers in time) was comparable but I could be wrong.

I only know that the initial rate of climb of an F6 was around 53,000 feet per minute making it easy to be at altitude and ready for combat but with only six minutes worth of fuel on board I always wondered how effective it would be.

I'm Lawrence.

I only know that the initial rate of climb of an F6 was around 53,000 feet per minute making it easy to be at altitude and ready for combat but with only six minutes worth of fuel on board I always wondered how effective it would be.
    I thought we were taking about the F15, what you're describing sounds more like an ME163!

Edit: oh you mean the Lightning F6 variant, I thought you meant a US plane F6.

Last edited by Lawrence001; 18-08-2019 at 09:30.

I'm Martin.

After 6 minutes you'd probably have used up all your missiles and ammo anyway.
    Current Lash Up:

*Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456