+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Military aircraft classics

I'm Josie.

When I was young, my father took me to RAF Finningly AirShow... They had the Nimrod there and you could go inside it an take a look. The pilot was there and my dad got chatting to him. He said, "What's it like to fly?".. "Well, it's great but it never works". The Pilot was quite scathing.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    When I was young, my father took me to RAF Finningly AirShow... They had the Nimrod there and you could go inside it an take a look. The pilot was there and my dad got chatting to him. He said, "What's it like to fly?".. "Well, it's great but it never works". The Pilot was quite scathing.
    I saw the Nimrod at the North Weald air show shortly before it crashed into Lake Ontario killing all on board in 1995.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I saw the Nimrod at the North Weald air show shortly before it crashed into Lake Ontario killing all on board in 1995.
    remember that one, was an air show.. was a few of them crashed over years.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

my brother in law was very into airshows when younger. he went to them all up here and some down south. he liked making models of them too
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Me too must have been 1985 or 86. Loved it but can't remember much about it now. Think it was an organised bus tour from E Lincs (Louth).

My memory is aged around 9 or 10 (1975ish) was a trip to Woodford airshow and seeing a Lightning doing its thing. Wish I could replicate that in 2022.
    Paul.

I'm Grant.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

flak-bait..

an amazing plane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flak-Bait
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Not really a surprise that the plane that survived the most missions is a shorter range faster bomber than the B17 and Liberator. I'd certainly have rather been flying a Marauder myself. Not to put the achievement down, a fine record, and amusing the name sounds like it should be the unluckiest plane in the USAAF.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213