+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Custom electric guitar build

I'm Gary.

Default Custom electric guitar build

Mate of mine at work is a Luthier, starting out his own business and asked me to design his logo for him.
    As a mate I said sure, wasn't looking for anything for it, but wanted to help him out.

He loved the Logo and as thanks said he's build me a custom guitar to my specs, I just buy the materials!
    Fantastic said I, and had a think about what I wanted.

Figured out what I wanted and chose my materials.
    Custom job based on a Telecaster, but with custom headstock based on my logo design and Gibson style PAF pickups and hardware.
    Few other tweaks too going forward. Good the wood over to him yesterday.

I'll update this thread as the build progresses.

We CAD'd up the template and did a rough cut in MDF. Headstock matches the logo, tuners will be "upside down" Hendrix Strat style.

So far Chose all my woods,
    Spalted Beech for the top wood, Wenge for the body.

Mahogany/Maple laminate Neck, with patterned Ziricote for the fretboard.

Enjoying Hifi 'n stuff.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

"Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

When wireless is perfectly applied the whole earth will be converted into a huge brain, which in fact it is, all things being particles of a real and rhythmic whole... and the instruments through which we shall be able to do this will be amazingly simple compared with our present telephone. A man will be able to carry one in his vest pocket. Nikola Tesla, 1926
    We Send our kids to school to be Educated, not Medicated!
    I am not a number i am a free man!

+ Reply to Thread