+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transistors, Tubes Sound The Same, It's The Circuit Topologies That Sound Different

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    My point was if it's easy to make a transistor amp sound like valves why isn't it done regularly?

If it's because you can't really due to circuit limitations but in theory the devices don't matter then it's a bit of a waste of time talking about it.
    I imagine that some people actually like the way transistor amps sound. Also for people who like the way a valve amp sounds it is probably easier just to make the amp with valves as it will be less complex than a solid state facsimile.

I don't think it's a waste of time to talk about such things as we tend to also talk about the counterpoints as well and end up with a well rounded discussion eventually.
    ~Paul~

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    I don't think it's a waste of time to talk about such things as we tend to also talk about the counterpoints as well and end up with a well rounded discussion eventually.
    You're right Paul, apologies.

I think I meant if we can't practically implement the theory what's the point. My bad, I suppose I'm a bit of an absolutist/practicalist!

If we don't discuss and debate I guess we never will know anything.

I'm John.

Now sitting here listening to a SS amp and really enjoying it and feeling a bit of a fraud

You couldn't make it up....send help please

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12