+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Advice regarding tonearm for Technics SL1200 mk2.

I'm phil.

So yours is the technics arm with the upgraded bearing and the fx arm tube, I've seen and heard one of these and yes they work really well on the technics well worth looking for don't see many about though, mind you you don't see many funk arms for sale at all,
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm phil.

There's a f5 on eBay finishes in 4 hrs for £350 never heard one on a technics but might be worth a punt
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Bikram.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Mine is a Technics based FXR, and I was lucky to find one within the OPs budget.
    I just wondering how it looks. Can you upload some pics. thanks

I'm Kevin.

Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm phil.

Also if you would like to see more pics just go to images in Google and put funk firm fxr technics sl1200, lots of images they are great arms, be lucky to find one second hand, good luck with what ever you decide.

I'm Bikram.

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    Also if you would like to see more pics just go to images in Google and put funk firm fxr technics sl1200, lots of images they are great arms, be lucky to find one second hand, good luck with what ever you decide.
    Thanks Phil.
    Technics SL1200 mk2 turntable ( Rewired tonearm with cardas 33awg cable) Ortofon 2m blue cartridge. Thorens TD 160 super (Decca london international tonearm and Decca Brown/export cartridge/stylus). Audiolab 8000Q Pre-amplifier with Audiolab 8000P power amplifier. Rega planet 2000 cd player. Pioneer cassette deck CT-S740S. Quad 21L speakers. Moth RCM mk1.

I'm Kevin.

There were not many FX1200s made, and I think mine is the only one that has been upgraded from the Carbon arm tube to the latest FXR arm tube.

Something like an F5 would be interesting to try as you can tune the arm for a wide range of different cartridges.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Bikram.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    There were not many FX1200s made, and I think mine is the only one that has been upgraded from the Carbon arm tube to the latest FXR arm tube.

Something like an F5 would be interesting to try as you can tune the arm for a wide range of different cartridges.
    What is the difference between F5 and FXR tonearms.

I'm phil.

CageyH whats the new arm tube made of i thought they were still carbon fibre.
    Bikram the f5 which one is one ebay is the arm that comes on the LSD turntable, tit is completly different to the fxr as its completly made by funk firm not derived from any other arm there are many reviews on google about both arms, if you did get a F5 id love to know how it performs on the sl1200.
    also i dont know what mat your using on your sl1200 but theresa acromat for the 1200 on sale on here for the very reasonable cost of 20gbp

I'm Bikram.

Quote Originally Posted by moodybuilder View Post
    CageyH whats the new arm tube made of i thought they were still carbon fibre.
    Bikram the f5 which one is one ebay is the arm that comes on the LSD turntable, tit is completly different to the fxr as its completly made by funk firm not derived from any other arm there are many reviews on google about both arms, if you did get a F5 id love to know how it performs on the sl1200.
    also i dont know what mat your using on your sl1200 but theresa acromat for the 1200 on sale on here for the very reasonable cost of 20gbp
    I am using resomat at the moment.
    Technics SL1200 mk2 turntable ( Rewired tonearm with cardas 33awg cable) Ortofon 2m blue cartridge. Thorens TD 160 super (Decca london international tonearm and Decca Brown/export cartridge/stylus). Audiolab 8000Q Pre-amplifier with Audiolab 8000P power amplifier. Rega planet 2000 cd player. Pioneer cassette deck CT-S740S. Quad 21L speakers. Moth RCM mk1.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast