+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice regarding tonearm for Technics SL1200 mk2.

I'm Bikram.

Default Advice regarding tonearm for Technics SL1200 mk2.

Hi, I need your advice regarding the tonearm for the above model. I am thinking about Jelco 750 or Audiomods toneararm for technics with micrometer.
    Please give me your wise advice or suggest any other tonearm. thanks

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kambo_z View Post
    Hi, I need your advice regarding the tonearm for the above model. I am thinking about Jelco 750 or Audiomods toneararm for technics with micrometer.
    Please give me your wise advice or suggest any other tonearm. thanks
    I've heard an Audiomods, It was good. Never heard a Jelco. Always seems to be one for sale somewhere.

The Audiomods doesn't have azimuth adjustment IIRC. That would bother me.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Nari.

I have heard the cheaper and dearer Audionote arm on the technics against the audio mods both times I was very impressed, I think they are fairly priced for Audio Note at least and perform very well. The Audio Mods was a little faster while the Audio Note seemed deeper and a richness in the midrange together with a great bass. I have also heard a Kondo wired Sme Series IV out perform a Kondo wired Series V on the technics.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Bikram.

Thanks for your suggestions, My budget is roughly £600, so i am not looking at SME iv.

I'm Frederick.

Hi,

Just curious.. What cartridge/s do you plan to use?

Regards

I'm Bikram.

Currently i am using ortofon blue and in the future probably denon 103 or 110. thanks

I'm Kevin.

Personally, I am not a fan of Rega based arms on the Technics.
    I find that the arm lift lever is awkwardly placed.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Personally, I am not a fan of Rega based arms on the Technics.
    I find that the arm lift lever is awkwardly placed.
    Also the arm’s lowest height is limited by the Rega’s arm rest, which projects over the Technics’ top plate, so perhaps not the easiest arm in terms of VTA adjustment on these decks. The same applies SME 309, IV and V arms.

I'm Bikram.

It means the only option left is Jelco tonearm or i am missing something..
    Technics SL1200 mk2 turntable ( Rewired tonearm with cardas 33awg cable) Ortofon 2m blue cartridge. Thorens TD 160 super (Decca london international tonearm and Decca Brown/export cartridge/stylus). Audiolab 8000Q Pre-amplifier with Audiolab 8000P power amplifier. Rega planet 2000 cd player. Pioneer cassette deck CT-S740S. Quad 21L speakers. Moth RCM mk1.

I'm Neil.

If the cartridge is average in body height and you are using a standard platter mat, then SME, Rega, Origin Live etc will all fit ok and sound good. I have tried all of these and the Jelco on a Technics 1200/1210.

Some don't like Rega derived arms on Technics 1200/1210 but I think they sound very good on them.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast