+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Technics Amp and CD player from the 90's

I'm Anto.

I still have the SU VX700 I bought a couple of yrs ago. I ran my Mission 752's off it too, and it was a nice old amp ,albeit was a few minor problems on mine ! I recall the 700 was 90 watts into 8 ohms .
    Your amp looks a real beauty !! nice find
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    I still have the SU VX700 I bought a couple of yrs ago. I ran my Mission 752's off it too, and it was a nice old amp ,albeit was a few minor problems on mine ! I recall the 700 was 90 watts into 8 ohms .
    Coincidently it was the SU-VX700 that started it all - brought me to the VX800 and VX920

Only reason I gave up on the VX800 in the end was everyone I had (about three) eventually developed the same channel crackling / dropping out, then dissappearing issue - something to do with speaker relay and heat or something I'm led to believe.

Was a shame as I loved the thing paired with the Technics SH 8055 eq it sounded fab.

Some nice gear you've nabbed there John
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Coincidently it was the SU-VX700 that started it all - brought me to the VX800 and VX920

Only reason I gave up on the VX800 in the end was everyone I had (about three) eventually developed the same channel crackling / dropping out, then dissappearing issue - something to do with speaker relay and heat or something I'm led to believe.

Was a shame as I loved the thing paired with the Technics SH 8055 eq it sounded fab.

Some nice gear you've nabbed there John
    Thanks Robbie. Yeah, looks like they're designed to work with a grahic equaliser, there's an out/in loop for it on the back, switchable from the front panel, I think it's labelled "adaptor". Very handy for connecting a valve buffer, means it's in circuit with each input rather than just using it between source and input.

That Technics SH 8055 eq look fab. Don't see these mentioned too often on hifi forums but that's a whole new thread I suppose

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Thanks Anto, the Technics/Mission partnership must have had a lot of synergy, everybody seems to have paired them! The amp is a cracker, I'm well pleased with it and the CD player's such a perfect tonal match, they make a nice pairing.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Thanks Robbie. Yeah, looks like they're designed to work with a grahic equaliser, there's an out/in loop for it on the back, switchable from the front panel, I think it's labelled "adaptor". Very handy for connecting a valve buffer, means it's in circuit with each input rather than just using it between source and input.

That Technics SH 8055 eq look fab. Don't see these mentioned too often on hifi forums but that's a whole new thread I suppose

An old piccie of the SU VX800 and SH8055 in all their glory - Did I say that set-up sang !!

114 by Robert Rowe, on Flickr
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12