+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting Rotel 15 app to work with RA1572?

I'm Daniel.

Default Getting Rotel 15 app to work with RA1572?

I have new Rotel RA1572 and have trouble getting it recognized by the Rotel 15 app on my iPhoneX. Has anybody managed to do that? Any tricks? Contacted Rotel through webform, but no answer whatsoever in over a week. My other inquiry from over a month ago went also unanswered, so not impressed with Rotel "support". I now extracted some e-mails from the source code of the webpage and sent some direct e-mails. We'll see ... Got at least one out of office notification.

I got DHCP IP set-up going on RA 1572, connected with cat7 cable to 1GB router, plugged straight into cable modem.
    Firmware is 2.59, but I cannot check for updates because the RA 1572 fails to connect to the Rotel server.
    iPhone cannot find the RA 1572 either. There is a lot of conflicting info out there whether the RA 1572 is supported by the Rotel 15 app or not. The manual for the RA 1572 refers to an iPhone app for sure.

Any wisdom out there? Thanks for sharing!

I'm James.

Sounds like it's not getting an IP address. Have you confirmed this via the router's console?
    Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck / Kuzma Stogi S / Benz Micro Ace S L
    Lenco L-75 / Carl Ellis Plinth / Ortofon AS-212 / Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST-7 SUT / Nick G Modded Lentek Head Amp / Croft RIAA

Cambridge Audio CXU / Theta DS Pro Prime

Classé Model 30 / Luxman M-383

Usher Compass X-719

May contain opinions that others find disturbing.

I'm Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by Smegger68 View Post
    Sounds like it's not getting an IP address. Have you confirmed this via the router's console?
    The DHCP set-up works, and the Rotel says it is connected. I also tried plugging the Rotel straight into the cable modem, but that does not work either.

I finally go an reply from Rotel. Current software is 2.65, would have to update vis PC - RS232 (!!!: is this stone age or ice age?) and they mention that the app does not even work with the RA1572, contrary to what the manual says, as well as some on-line reviews. Haven't pointed that out to them yet. Well, the amp sounds good, but still not impressed with support or rather lack thereof.

+ Reply to Thread