A few months ago I bought an AT1010 from Phonomac and after lots of faffing over the last couple of weeks I've finally started work on fitting it to my Linn LP12. As well as the arm, I also invested in a Vinyl Adventure Corvette tonearm cable. Though things were progressing slowly, they were going well .... until I got to drilling holes in the arm board.

I bought a beam compass to help with the marking out, and that worked a treat.

But then I foolishly decided to drill the armboard without first drilling a pilot hole. The result was a snapped arm board

Vinyl Passion were great in supplying the blank arm board - but I didn't trust myself to try drilling another. So after a bit of a search, I found a supplier that would supply a board pre-cut for the AT-1010 (Konne). It arrived today.

I was all set to fit it .... until I realised I didn't have the right screws to attach the arm collar to the board. I was hoping Screwfix would have something suitable, but no. Back to ebay for some counter sunk stainless bolts - they should arrive Wednesday.

I was hoping to get the arm fitted this weekend, but it's going to be next weekend. It's slow progress, but I have to admit that I'm enjoying myself, and I'm so looking forward to hearing the end results.