+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted - Cambridge Audio CXN

I'm Martin.

Default Wanted - Cambridge Audio CXN

Hi All, I am looking for a Cambridge Audio CXN. Please PM. Many thanks, Martin

I'm Steve.

They have loads of them in Richer Sounds.... ;-)
    Garrard 401/SME V/Benz Wood SL, Loricraft PSU, Pass Labs XP-17, Roon NUC, Auralic Vega G2, ATC SCM50SLT

I'm Martin.

Box swapping recycler at heart ☺

I'm Vince.

Deffo worth buying the CXN mate. I had a Cyrus which was £500 more than the CXN, but the Cyrus went tits up so I tried the CXN (both from Richer Sounds) and the CXN trounced the Cyrus in the sound stakes. Mate of mine, (Mad Moon) heard the CXN and bought one straight away. Cambridge have got to be the most under rated Hi-Fi manufacturer going. I've just sold a 840A v2 and it could stand shoulder to shoulder with amps 3-4 times the price. Hope you find a nice CXN mate, you won't regret it.

I'm Martin.

Hi Vince, I too have the Cyrus. I find it clumsy ay best.
    The digital rig I was going to pair with consists of 2x CA840W in a balanced bridged mode (500W) with a CA840E pre and a CA840C cdp. It currently has a Stream Magic 6 that I was planning to upgrade. Martin

I'm Vince.

I have had 4 Cyrus units, an amp, a tuner, a CD player and the Streamer. 3 of the 4 Cyrus products went belly up and the price Cyrus charge for repair is a disgrace. My local dealer, (Lintone Audio) actually fought my case for me with Cyrus and I had third of my bill refunded. I still think that what I paid was disgusting. As I think you can guess, my house will not be having any Cyrus products in here, unless they were free. Then I would sell it any how. Hope you find your streamer, apparently the mk2 is better again, although I haven't heard it against my mk1. Which I really like......a lot¡

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylanthecat View Post
    Box swapping recycler at heart ☺
    Me too. The considerable savings are irrelevant

+ Reply to Thread