+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ultrasonic cleaner made in the US

I'm Russell.

Default Ultrasonic cleaner made in the US

http://morrowaudio.com/partner-produ...leaning-system

I’m not sure if they are selling this in Europe or not, but the price is rather attractive. And they even have financing! That’s a new one.

Russell

I'm Simon.

They were at the Cranage show.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Clive.

Looks interesting but I don’t like the fact that there is no dryer. You have to dry by hand, which will always leave the possibility that muck and grit can still remain in the bottom of the groove.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Johan.

No problem. I set the records to rest in a dish stand. They dry out in short time. Approx 15 minutes, before i dry out the little water-rest on the bottom end of the record.

I'm Russell.

It seems to me that many people who would buy an ultrasonic record cleaning machine may already own a vacuum RCM. So, using them together, vacuum them after an ultrasonic wash, would yield the best results. But the makers of these ultrasonic machines seem to think that rack drying is all that is required. If it works, it works! And won’t introduce static either.

Russell

I'm Tim.

Hmm, rather pricey for a machinery that looks like some 'Apple' fax, scan & copy combo office device... That is not relevant to it's achievement though. But I'd have prefer to have it complete with an incorporated vacuum for that price if ever I'd consider to buy such a device.

Still for me the most crucial factor that is missing on those device too often, an adjustable frequency modulator that should be able to go up to 60 kHz for a "deeper" clean when and where it's most needed; in the high frequencies where dirt on it's own can induce distortion.
    Last edited by tlscapital; 11-09-2018 at 08:49.
    - Cart Denon DL-102 in bakelite Ortofon SPU 'G' type headshell
    - TA SME 3009 'Improved' converted in heavy mass with detachable headshell
    - TT Thorens TD160 'E' totally tweaked driven by an 'Eagle & RoadRunner' PSU & tachometer combo
    - Matts top to bottom: leather, cork, felt & 12" vinyl
    - Pre-amp 'Modulis' Isem
    - Amp 'Exampli' Etalon 2x40W
    - Speakers 12" Leak 'Sandwich' first generation creatively recapped

I'm Clive.

That machine is from Kirmuss Audio. They have a UK distributor who as Simon says was at the NWAS (I can't recall their details but they were in the SW of England. The machine is available from http://snvinyl.co.uk/KirmussAudio-Mo...oration-System and probably other places too.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

+ Reply to Thread