+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: The Most Beautiful and Ugliest Turntables

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, and it features a platter with proper 'girth', too!

More Gates broadcast loveliness, courtesy of Radio 1, from 'back in the day':

And a minty Gates CB-77:

Me WANTS!

Marco.

P.S Check out the Koss headphones, too. I've got a pair of those, and they sound fab.
    More to point why is he sitting at his desk in his knickers?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Love the 'industrial' and purposeful look of these EMTs:

Now that's a set-up I'd happily own!!

Marco.
    Stunning WOW

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Adam.

Now *that* is a headshell! Lovely vintage Pickering cartridge under there, too...

Marco.
    Bloody hell, you do like ugly headshells don’t you?!

I’m with you on the EMTs, though. There’s a chap on Lenco Heaven that has restored a twin EMT console to an incredibly high standard, and I love that. I’ll find it and steal a picture later...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Adam.

As promised...

Might try and snap a few of the 'supermodels' in the Beobloke collection tonight!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    As promised...

Might try and snap a few of the 'supermodels' in the Beobloke collection tonight!
    thats a nice sight... industrial but cool
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Love the 'industrial' and purposeful look of these EMTs:

Now that's a set-up I'd happily own!!

Marco.

That EMT 237F (with twin arm cuing mechanisms) is a rare beast.

It looks like a 10" LP is being played, actually it's a 12" diameter record as the 927 was designed to play 16" diameter records. The EMT 948 shown below has a 13" platter, as does the EMT 930.

Love the industrial/laboratory look of the EMT preamp, but like the CDP below it, I would like to see it fitted into a nice wood-clad 19" rack mount.

One of my Thorens TD124s looks very similar to the one shown.
    Last edited by Barry; 19-09-2018 at 20:59. Reason: Addition
    Barry

I'm Nari.

Mark (YNWAN)'s T/T, of completely his own design, for me, is also a looker:

Again, simple clean lines and no bling, is the order of the day!

Marco.

I love the look of Marks design just looks so clean, as I come from a middle eastern background I do like a bit of bling but in moderation I do own a gold plated sme 30/12 turntable after all. I dont really like the look of my EMT 927 and get all sorts of greif from the family about its looks.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Brook.

Well I have just bought a turntable I freely admit I don't really like the look of, but once it is re-painted & put in a better plinth (which most of you will no doubt hate), I will like it a lot more.

I'm Grant.

saw this one in cream. only one ive seen

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    saw this one in cream. only one ive seen

Can't say I like the look of that. Must have been a re-spray job.

I think it comes down to how well the colour of the chassis matches/compliments the colour of the "Garrard 401" logo plate. That is why I think the bronze re-spray of Brook's 401 works, as I believe some of the (early?) 401s were finished in dark brown rather than grey.

Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast