+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: The Most Beautiful and Ugliest Turntables

I'm gone.

^ Yep, lovely, Russell.
    I love the symmetry of the thing, so many look skewed and unbalanced to the eye.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    ^ Yep, lovely, Russell.
    I love the symmetry of the thing, so many look skewed and unbalanced to the eye.
    A ‘table with both form, and function, brings true beauty.

Russell

I'm Justin.

B&O made a fortune by deliberately setting out to make good looking hifi gear.

My old (and non functional) B&O tt was the only real looker I've had when viewed objectively imo.
    Civilians were invariably impressed.

Phwoar ...

Very true especially in the 70s. I had a B&O TT and a cart with a solid diamond cantilever. The platter ringed like fuck.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yes, but we're discussing looks here and not performance.

Virtually all of the B&O designs were beautiful. Nice to see it with the matching integrated amp (I have the matching 1700 tuner).
    Barry

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
    To me this is still one of the best looking decks out there. Simple, understated and classy

New toy!!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...1&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the love for my linn . I too am a big fan of the LP12s looks, which is one of the reasons i built one up.
    I have to agree with marco though, the nima really isnt a great looking arm with that horrible frosted acrylic all over it. They could have done so much more with it ,as its performance warrants it. Needless to say , with a Yannis cable and the tiger paw scale it is a superb arm for the money which punches above its weight, and that will always come before looks for me. Heres some pics of my favourite looking TTs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm gone.

That Linn plinth is absolutely beautiful.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Take a step back and think.

Turntables are clumsy, awkward looking things, with only varying degrees of ugliness.

That's probably the viewpoint of most non-enthusiasts.

These posts are all from the eye of obsessives, who cannot see it like it really is LOL.
    I bought this for all the wrong reasons and it was well admired by non-hifi friends. Trouble was it didn't sound that great so it went.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    I bought this for all the wrong reasons and it was well admired by non-hifi friends. Trouble was it didn't sound that great so it went.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Yeah always suspected that platter was a compromise too far.

I'm Mike.

That Linn plinth is absolutely beautiful.
    But the Garrard plinth is both beautiful AND impressive.

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    But the Garrard plinth is both beautiful AND impressive.
    The Russ Collinson plinths do nothing for me in the flesh I have had one in previously
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast