+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 LastLast

Thread: The Most Beautiful and Ugliest Turntables

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You didn't indicate that it was your turntable Karl, your avatar showed a Linn at the time. As far as any of us may have been aware, the photo you showed could just have been an image grabbed from the internet. The title of the thread invites comments on beautiful and ugly turntables, so if you feel sensitive about what might be said, perhaps this was not the best choice of thread for your particular post. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
    I’m honestly not sensitive about yours or anybody else’s thoughts in the slightest . Variety is the spice of life. It’s the choice of language that was a little irritating . It goes on to often over all sorts of threads and it shouldn’t matter which one it is or who built it or whatever. A bit of decency goes a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Geoff.

There are not going to be only positive observations here, that's not what this thread is about. Decency has nothing to do with it.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    But they always have that i made it in the garage look to them imho..
    Have to agree with Andre here, a fair amount of UK stuff looks pretty basic, we just don't have the backing of the mass markets that Japan had in its heyday to produce more high end stuff. I often wonder why there isn't even an on/off switch on my Brit made turntable, it is something that someone could indeed knock up in their garage.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    . It’s the choice of language that was a little irritating . It goes on to often over all sorts of threads and it shouldn’t matter which one it is or who built it or whatever. A bit of decency goes a long way.

next time read the thread title before you post. And try to refrain from calling people idiots when it's you at fault. It's not an appropriate choice of language. And it's a little irritating.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    I will just pop this little beauty here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice, did you get the motor unit resprayed?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Guillaume.

Proprietor of Croak Audio in South Africa.

I'm Ian.

Love a retro looking turntable with polished wood and shiny arms.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Here's a better picture of the Bauer TT, with what looks like a Naim Aro arm:

Barry

I'm David.

That's not a shiny arm Barry.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    That's not a shiny arm Barry.
    Did I say it was?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread