+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: The Most Beautiful and Ugliest Turntables

I'm Andre.

The two perspex lugs sticking up you just turn them like you would a rotart selector knob

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    My idea of a Beautiful turntable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF3Fk0NpxRE
    Yeah, I get ya - sleek, stylish simplicity, a bit like a woman who is naturally beautiful, no makeup, accessories nothing, just naturally beautiful without any added emphasis
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Andre.

Exactly

I'm Grant.

A simplified 1202 I think. Lovely decks. Most b and o stuff is.
    The fully auto feature is really useful for folk like me who have difficulties now.
    I always was going to get a banger but it never happened..

Maybe one day. If for nothing else, the style. A friend used to have a full set when I was an apprentice to him.. Git lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andre.

Tis Grant a simpler version.. This is the deck that was featured on the Pink Floyd "Money" official Video

I'm Grant.

Our own beo man will likely have 10 of them stashed . Took me a day to fit a cart to a head shell.. Poor fingers and eyesight. Can't stand and trying to do it in a seat isn't easy.
    Why I'm going digital tbh. I get music at touch of a mouse or phone screen.
    Not so tactile of course but needs must and it sounds very good. Especially with my new speakers
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Pavel.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Took me a day to fit a cart to a head shell..
    I'm 36 and have no complaints about my manual dexterity, recently I was asked to fit a cartridge and it took me 3 bloody hours because the included round nuts were just supremely annoying and the mounting hardware I usually use was not compatible (the heads of the screws were too large and failed to clear the cartridge body). That's why I love cartridges with threaded bodies and headshells with threaded holes!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    I love cartridges with threaded bodies and headshells with threaded holes!
    But the former will not work with the latter.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Pavel.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    But the former will not work with the latter.
    Yes. Threaded headshells are useful for cartridges with no threaded holes, like Denons for example.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    The two perspex lugs sticking up you just turn them like you would a rotart selector knob
    Ah - so it not only selects the record diameter for the auto lift/lower facility, but when 17 is selected (17cm = 7"), the speed automatically changes to 45rpm.

That's clever.

B&O always made stylish looking kit - often disparagingly referred to as "Habitat Hi Fi" by those who had never heard their gear. But B&O made gear that not only looked good, it sounded good as well.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast