+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: The Most Beautiful and Ugliest Turntables

I'm Nari.

Not my cup of tea in the looks department the Tech Das Airforce three premium

[IMG][/IMG]
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Nick.

Nari has been posting pics of some incredibly high-end TTs on here, the Rockport, the Goldmund etc... I'm sure they must sound phenomenal (I've never heard any of them) but boy, are they ugly! Huge lumpy, boxy things... Like equipment I'd expect to see in an industrial workshop of some kind. I couldn't imagine living with any of them , or having one in my living room. Vanishingly low WAF at that level of audio commitment.
    I guess at those rarefied altitudes form follows function entirely. Aesthetic considerations are secondary, if at all relevant. I suppose some might love the look, it takes all sorts, but defo not my cup of tea.

I'm Nick.

Now this, to me, is a good-lookin' table...

Must admit I like the shiny wood look... kind of reminds me of a Bentley or a Roller, a beefy bit of high-end British engineering, all shiny wood veneers and understated power...

I'm Hugo.

Oh Dear God!

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    Not my cup of tea in the looks department the Tech Das Airforce three premium

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaba View Post

Must admit I like the shiny wood look... kind of reminds me of a Bentley or a Roller, a beefy bit of high-end British engineering, all shiny wood veneers and understated power...

I always liked the look of the garrards and the 124 etc and they perform well, I like the big decks like a goldmund rockport etc they have a power and scale that leaves all else behind in my opinion but practical they are not. You cant beat for instance a big meaty platter.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    I always like the sound of this especially the airtangent tonearm

[IMG][/IMG]
    Nordic Concepts I think? If so I know the previous distributor well, Simon a lovely guy, great character, can talk for the universe.

Edit - Just checked yes Nordic Concepts Reference model with built in Vitus sourced phono stage.
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 01-10-2018 at 10:18.
    Regards Neil

I'm Nari.

A new Japanese offering the CS PORT AIR FLOAT TAT1 TURNTABLE personally the kind of deck I would be happy to live with, all the right ingredients that make an interesting turntable.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG]

[/IMG]
    Last edited by Vrajbasi; 01-10-2018 at 18:20.

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Nordic Concepts I think? If so I know the previous distributor well, Simon a lovely guy, great character, can talk for the universe.

Edit - Just checked yes Nordic Concepts Reference model with built in Vitus sourced phono stage.
    Yes Nordic Concepts I owned one of these lovely thing, simon is a great guy. The together with the Airtangent 2002 worked great

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaba View Post

That is a beautiful piece of work! Real eye candy, if it sounds as good as it looks, then it must be something! I’d love to have a guitar to match

Russell

I'm Mikkel.

What is that head shell on the first two pics, Marco? Is it made of marble or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    And me own wee effort (with various cartridges):

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast