+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wtd phono stage budget £100

I'm Philip.

Default wtd phono stage budget £100

Hi.

Very close to trying a turntable.

So, looking for a phono stage.
    Probably to go with a project debu carbon with ortofon 2m red.

Budget upto around £100.

Thanks

I'm Steve.

Contact Rick at Musicraft. He's selling new rega ones less than half price.

I'm Tim.

https://audioabattoir.com/t/few-bits...age-etc/4876/9

The Boozhound J-Fet mm phono stage on here looks good for £100
    I must point out I've not heard this on but they have a good rep and MJ2 is a top bloke
    Hope that helps

I'm James.

I've got a cambridge audio CP2 I'm about to put up for sale. I sold it previously but it turned out to have a fault on one channel which I hadn't noticed. Much component changing later it turned out to be a single LED at fault. All active components in the MM stage changed like for like, except the coupling caps, replacing the cheapo ones for nice wima film caps. Can send photos if interested, unit is in excellent condition and boxed. Was thinking £75 inc postage.

I'm Neil.

I'm Geoff.

Take a look at the 'Little Bear' phono stages from China. There are valve and solid state versions at various modest prices. They generally seem well liked. If you ordered one, just make sure it comes with a UK spec power supply and be prepared to wait a while for it to arrive.

Here's an MM example: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Little-be....c100005.m1851

The Little Bear stuff looks pretty well made. I've had loads of electronics sent from China and it's all been good and at bargain prices.

I'm Steve.

At that price it's definitely worth a punt. And I reckon Chinese stuff will be improving all the time.

I bought a valve phono stage (came from Hong Kong) about 7 years ago. It's a Yaqin MS-22B. I bought it to get my old LP12 up and running, and 7 years later it's still going - only thing I've done is replace the stock tubes.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Hampus.

If you can stretch to £149 a Tisbury phono stage is excellent with settings for both MC and MM cartridges.

https://www.tisburyaudio.co.uk/domin...o-preamplifier

I'm charles.

Hi.i have a project se Phono box.acrylic face plate.ribbed casing and adjustable. 65 quid posted.What

+ Reply to Thread