+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zero stat

I'm Russell.

I had one years ago, I’m not sure what happened to it? But I bought another a few years back, about the same time I bought a RCM. After vacuuming a record, it creates static. Air rushing over vinyl makes static, I can tell because the vinyl sleeves are attracted to it. So, I Zerostat it after cleaning and it makes a good bit of difference. Many times pops we hear are not dirt, but static, removing it makes them play back much quieter. There are other, more expensive static removing devices, but the Zerostat works well for the money.

Russell

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I had one years ago, I’m not sure what happened to it? But I bought another a few years back, about the same time I bought a RCM. After vacuuming a record, it creates static. Air rushing over vinyl makes static, I can tell because the vinyl sleeves are attracted to it. So, I Zerostat it after cleaning and it makes a good bit of difference. Many times pops we hear are not dirt, but static, removing it makes them play back much quieter. There are other, more expensive static removing devices, but the Zerostat works well for the money.

Russell
    That is exactly what I found Russell especially as I have a vacuum record cleaning machine. I knew the records were free from dust and dirt but still got clicks and static pops. The Zerostat has now eliminated that. Superb result.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    That is exactly what I found Russell especially as I have a vacuum record cleaning machine. I knew the records were free from dust and dirt but still got clicks and static pops. The Zerostat has now eliminated that. Superb result.
    I find that if I pull the trigger very slowly, while pulling the gun away, I get more work done with it than just shooting away at the record. Even the needle riding in the groove can create static. Perhaps there is some ingredient they could include in the vinyl formula that would eliminate static all together? That would be a boon for new record sales!

Russell

I'm James.

I have found that the Zerostat can also be used on your cartridge as well as records. I was still getting a bit of static on some records even though i had zapped them but since zapping the cartridge any remaining static has now gone. I would say the effect on the cartridge maybe more significant than on LPs.

Just don't zap your cartridge when your system is turned on as
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I have found that the Zerostat can also be used on your cartridge as well as records. I was still getting a bit of static on some records even though i had zapped them but since zapping the cartridge any remaining static has now gone. I would say the effect on the cartridge maybe more significant than on LPs.

Just don't zap your cartridge when your system is turned on as
    I would be very wary of using it this way. The voltages generated by these devices is very high. Somebody better informed than I am can perhaps advise you!

I'm Grant.

yup, i wouldnt do it personally. theres about 10k emitted from the milty and thats 3 times a standard discharge from say you and the door for instance. If the cart was disconnected from the tt it may be safe.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Ok

I'm Grant.

Was mostly thinking of those tiny wires in cart getting fried Jim. Might be fine tho but personally with a dear cart I'd be hesitant.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Was mostly thinking of those tiny wires in cart getting fried Jim. Might be fine tho but personally with a dear cart I'd be hesitant.
    Intuitively it seems a bad idea to push 10k volts into a device that operates at mVolts!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Al I can say is since I zapped it I have ZERO static anomy system sounds better than I can remember? Nothing fried. I only zapped it as a journalist suggested this was OK?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast