+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: I need help......I'm an addict

I'm Martin.

Language weaves its own spell.

If I said 'Come on lets go and start a fire', you might think I mean let's go and set light to the local community centre or something. If I said 'Come on let's start a bonfire' you'd know exactly what I intended.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Your inclusion of "go" in the first instance alters the context a bit.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    So a bonfire has to be big and outdoors? What about just a big fire outdoors that isn't called a bonfire?

It's like these daft terms management people and politicians use. What the fuck is a 'step change' or 'sea change', why can't we just have a change?
    It refers to the size, or quality of the change: 'sea change' being perhaps a change from being in a ship sat in the doldrums to one where the ship could move. 'Step change' is one where there is an abrupt change, with no in-between state.

It's a bit like the oft-quoted "quantum leap". The 'leap' implies it is large, whereas quantum leaps are very, very small - the adjective 'quantum' implies it is a sudden step change, that is: discontinuous.
    Barry

Bigman80 Guest

According to Hermes, this beast is now on the way from Germany to the UK.

I hate waiting!!!!!

On the plus side, I'm off to collect my newly renovated/repaired Monarchy SM-70PRO'S tomorrow.

That should keep me busy until Wednesday when I fetch the Krell

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

Perhaps you can talk her into a nice small electric piano? That could be stood on end in the closet when not in use. Many of the nicer ones can sound very good, and of course a synth keyboard can do many things a regular piano can’t do.

Russell

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Perhaps you can talk her into a nice small electric piano? That could be stood on end in the closet when not in use. Many of the nicer ones can sound very good, and of course a synth keyboard can do many things a regular piano can’t do.

Russell
    I've tried mate. It's just a non started. Her mom bought her the piano. She hasn't played it in 7 years!!! I understand the attachment though so I'm ok with it.

I'm Anto.

Apologies if its already been mentioned ,but looking at the pictures of the Luxkit Z504 on the OP,s first page of this thread , makes me think Madonna must have had a peek inside one too, what with those pointy bits on the heatsinks and all!!
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Dan.

Your not as bad as some oliver - like me for instance i have about 30 pairs of speakers - 28 Amplifiers , Receivers Pre amps - Power amps EC, 7 Turntables , 10 CD players and more to come i would imagine...
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Your not as bad as some oliver - like me for instance i have about 30 pairs of speakers - 28 Amplifiers , Receivers Pre amps - Power amps EC, 7 Turntables , 10 CD players and more to come i would imagine...
    that's quite the collection. I'm not one to keep stuff hanging around so these amps will be moving fairly swiftly once I've picked a winner.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Apologies if its already been mentioned ,but looking at the pictures of the Luxkit Z504 on the OP,s first page of this thread , makes me think Madonna must have had a peek inside one too, what with those pointy bits on the heatsinks and all!!
    Apparently, she was a design consultant on the heatpipes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast