+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For September!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Could buy two pints for that round here. Or 3 cans of imported beer. Which I bought anyway of course. But what a rip-off and a crap service as well. It only costs £7.60 for a taxi door to door.
    I think you're probably one of the few people left who actually hand over cash for your bus ride. On the few occasions when I've caught a bus, I notice almost everyone just shows the driver something, then takes a seat.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I think you're probably one of the few people left who actually hand over cash for your bus ride. On the few occasions when I've caught a bus, I notice almost everyone just shows the driver something, then takes a seat.
    Yes they scan a card or something and it generates a ticket out of the little machine. I've no idea what they are but I only get the bus a few times a year so not worth me getting one.

I like to pay cash for everything, it's anonymous.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

On the way back from the fishmonger's I got on a bus and the driver mumbled something about oysters. I said "I've got a bag of whelks here mate" and he chucked me off. Dunno why.

I'm Grant.

report it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yes they scan a card or something and it generates a ticket out of the little machine. I've no idea what they are but I only get the bus a few times a year so not worth me getting one.

I like to pay cash for everything, it's anonymous.
    Most likely a pre-payment card. Don't worry, in ten year's time you will be eligible for a free travel card.

Anyway - I thought you were someone who had embraced totally the cashless society?
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Most likely a pre-payment card. Don't worry, in ten year's time you will be eligible for a free travel card.

Anyway - I thought you were someone who had embraced totally the cashless society?
    No, I'm dead against the cashless society. How is the black market supposed to work? Barter?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

No, I'm dead against the cashless society. How is the black market supposed to work? Barter?
    Bitcoin.

I'm Steve.

I've been in a cashless society for years - it's a building society account with no cash in it.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

I imagine when you're walking to work you look a bit like George Cole in "The Belles of St. Trinians".

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

You will have difficulty just hopping onto a bus in London - none of them accept cash (or bitcoin!).
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast