+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For September!

I'm Geoff.

Nippy again this morning. 9C, but nice and bright, I reckon it'll warm up a bit.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Sorry, mate. I missed this:

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Tired all the time, angry all the time, couldn't eat, would sleep for 8 hours and wake up just as knackered as when I went to bed. I thought it was alien abduction but according to the MO it was stress. So I quit the well paid but nightmare job and got one doing filing and switchboard and stopped doing everything else. It was bliss. I met a mate's wife in the street about two weeks into it and she says to me 'What happened to you? You look ten years younger!'
    Glad you made the right decision, and got through it, which kind of proves my point in post #168. Unfortunately though, some folks don't see it until it's too late, and their health, and also relationship with their loved ones has deteriorated, often irreparably ...

Sometimes it pays to take a step back and look in the mirror, as life can quickly pass you by. In that respect, people should read what you've written above, and see if they recognise any signs in themselves, and if so, sort it out while they still can.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

As is often the case, we find ourselves debating in a subject we both actually agree on! Although considering the subject was about finding the time to light a fire, your post was rather long (I bet you don't hear that very often!

Viewing your options I would say that I'm option 2, all day long (apart from the 75k bit, you can divide that by three). I know plenty of people live with option 1, and ultimately I'm sure they'll regret it. No one on their death bed ever said 'I wish I'd made more money'.

Anyway, I'm gonna keep this post short as I too have a busy day ahead of me - this arse won't scratch itself, and it has been decided (by Mrs. Pony) that having one arm in plaster shouldn't impede my ability to strip wallpaper.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    As is often the case, we find ourselves debating in a subject we both actually agree on! Although considering the subject was about finding the time to light a fire, your post was rather long (I bet you don't hear that very often!

Viewing your options I would say that I'm option 2, all day long (apart from the 75k bit, you can divide that by three). I know plenty of people live with option 1, and ultimately I'm sure they'll regret it. No one on their death bed ever said 'I wish I'd made more money'.

Anyway, I'm gonna keep this post short as I too have a busy day ahead of me - this arse won't scratch itself, and it has been decided (by Mrs. Pony) that having one arm in plaster shouldn't impede my ability to strip wallpaper...
    Lol... Understandable, given that she's the one with two good arms still to slap you!

It's not a case of debating the subject though, but rather ensuring that we're both 'on the same page', in terms of our respective understanding of the concepts in question ('cash-rich' and 'time-poor'), which based on your previous reply, appeared not to be the case.

Therefore, I decided to outline my understanding of them, unambiguously, so there would be no further confusion, which is why my post was long. Apologies. However, I'm glad we agree and value the same things

Citing the figures of £75k and £150k, as examples of annual salaries, was deliberate. Of course most of us would be more than happy earning the former figure, which unless we were living somewhere in the middle of London, would provide a more than adequate standard of living. The higher figure was used simply to show how far some would go to keep that salary, and all the trappings that go with it, despite paying a heavy price for it in their personal life.

Unfortunately, folks today want, and indeed consider that they're 'entitled to' have, so much stuff, which in reality is unnecessary [feeding our materialistic, disposable society], and which they can't really afford (bringing us back to what you said about credit card bills in January, etc), but they've been brainwashed into believing that they *must* have, in order to 'keep up' with others.

To an extent, of course, that situation has always existed, but for a variety of reasons, it's now worse than ever. It's certainly easier than ever to get into unmanageable debt!

However, I'm glad that, like me, you've got the love of a good woman (so always show that you appreciate her, as I'm sure you do), when so many blokes have chained themselves to a wife or partner, who are simply using them to improve their financial and social status, and which of course fuels the problems we've just been discussing.

Marco [waging the war against 'gold-diggers'].
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol... Understandable, given she's the one with two good arms still to slap you!

It's not a case of debating the subject though, but rather ensuring that we're both 'on the same page', in terms of our respective understanding of the concepts in question ('cash-rich' and 'time-poor'), which based on your previous reply, appeared not to be the case.

Therefore, I decided to outline my understanding of them, unambiguously, so there would be no further confusion, which is why my post was long. Apologies. However, I'm glad we agree and value the same things in life

Unfortunately, folks today want, and indeed consider that they're 'entitled to' have, so much stuff, which in reality is unnecessary [feeding our materialistic, disposable society], and which they can't really afford (bringing us back to what you said about credit card bills in January, etc), but they've been brainwashed into believing that they *must* have, in order to 'keep up' with others.

To an extent, of course, that situation has always existed, but for a variety of reasons, it's now worse than ever. It's certainly easier than ever to get into unmanageable debt!

However, I'm glad that, like me, you've got the love of a good woman (so always show that you appreciate her, as I'm sure you do), when so many blokes have chained themselves to a wife or partner, who are simply using them to improve their financial and social status, and which of course fuels the problems we've just been discussing.

Marco [waging the war against 'gold-diggers'].
    No woman in her right mind would use me to improve her financial or social status, that's just crazy talk! Au contraire, I've probably had my share of 'pity shags' over the years!

In my childhood we never had much, but never felt we were missing out, as we were all in the same boat, and our 'meagre' standard of living was the norm. I think the 'materialistic' times we now find ourselves in are largely due the 'information age' - we are constantly bombarded with images of 'how the other half lives', to the point where that looks to be the norm, and if we're not achieving this we're failing in some way. I've long been aware of this, and I'm not prepared to play that game.

Although I will always strive for better (it is the human condition), I am also mindful of how fortunate I am to have the love of some good people, including my other half (with her two good arms).

In this way I don't feel jealousy towards people more fortunate than me (a sure path to misery), and similarly, I would never consider myself superior to anyone less fortunate.

Onwards and upwards! But not at the expense of enjoying the now.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Grant.

A lot warmer today as its so heavily clouded and wet...15c today
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Been working in Lytham today, where it was really quite pleasant. Unfortunately indoor work. Tomorrow I'm building a new fence, so it will probably lash down all day.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Back from winter to summer here today, warm and sunny, very gentle breeze.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Glorious late September's day here in Wrexham. Bright blue skies, without a cloud in sight, and currently 21°C

Couldn't have timed it better, as on Thursdays I meet my dad for lunch, so we'll be enjoying the sun, having lunch al fresco, along no doubt with a few glasses of vino!

Aye, it's a hard life...

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Glorious late September's day here in Wrexham. Bright blue skies, without a cloud in sight, and currently 21°C

Couldn't have timed it better, as on Thursdays I meet my dad for lunch, so we'll be enjoying the sun, having lunch al fresco, along no doubt with a few glasses of vino!

Aye, it's a hard life...

Marco.
    big difference here. back to 12c and cold/wet/ dull. light on in house etc
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast