+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: New car hi-fi build!

I'm Steve.

Their criteria makes no sense to me. Anita has it, and she could choose whether to have an amount paid to her each month or be provided with a vehicle (I think road tax and servicing is included). Knowing how unreliable schemes can be, in that they could take it away at any time, leaving you with nothing), we chose the former.

My friend's wife, who is more disabled than Anita, struggles to get upstairs, and can only walk for about 20 metres, chose the latter. Two months ago it was taken off them, leaving them with nothing and having to stump up the cash to buy something else. They're appealing, and will almost certainly win the appeal (about 9 out of 10 appeals are successful I'm told), but what a faff! I think the government dept concerned just bank on some people just giving up, that way some money is saved.

Like with a lot of benefits related things, it's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil - you just have to be a pest to have any chance.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Chris.

Golf Cart for Mr Marco!
    One of those tricked out Indonesian things would be fun-I'm sure the Chinese will be making an electric version soon enough?
    My earlier comments about traffic jams has got us decided NEVER to do a CAR journey of more than 25 miles.
    (Trains might be crap but.....)
    I've just realised this gives me less reason NOT to get one of THESE...pic. (Apart from the fashion-inflated cost)!BT6foFgB2k~$(KGrHgoH-C0EjlLlt+dzBKK-Ujq86g~~_3.jpg
    Chris.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Their criteria makes no sense to me. Anita has it, and she could choose whether to have an amount paid to her each month or be provided with a vehicle (I think road tax and servicing is included). Knowing how unreliable schemes can be, in that they could take it away at any time, leaving you with nothing), we chose the former.

My friend's wife, who is more disabled than Anita, struggles to get upstairs, and can only walk for about 20 metres, chose the latter. Two months ago it was taken off them, leaving them with nothing and having to stump up the cash to buy something else. They're appealing, and will almost certainly win the appeal (about 9 out of 10 appeals are successful I'm told), but what a faff! I think the government dept concerned just bank on some people just giving up, that way some money is saved.

Like with a lot of benefits related things, it's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil - you just have to be a pest to have any chance.
    its not a govt dept that goes it now, its a company. they only get paid if they turn you down, hence why most get turned down. this govt does not speak for me; im not political but i hate tossers like that
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

It'll all change mate, come the next referendum, when you finally gain independence from that shower of shite in Westmonster!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Paul.

A while back I decided to upgrade my vintage CLK sound system. I like a BIG sound and realised there was no way I could fit my dream car sound system in the CLK chassis so I had a Tardisdrive MKII installed to gain some extra internal space and an Infinite Improbability Drive was also installed to increase the travel mode options. This works particularly well as I can now partition the available space around the driver’s seat and even resize it on the hop, all without any perceivable increase in external footprint, and when travelling, I can appear everywhere and nowhere all at the same time or indeed any time.

The main driver’s auditorium area has now been increased in size to accommodate a replica of the Dead’s (Greatful Dead) touring concert PA system using enormous individual line source arrays for each musician and singer. It is also now possible to fit a full concert orchestra and choir in the auditorium for Carmina Burana sessions. Don’t you just love live music? Rock Musicians are now queuing for lifts just to get on the Dead stage and play their best music.

You may ask was this all worth the effort and cost, to which I would have to say yes, but with some caveats.

Firstly the cost estimate of £10T (trillion) was a little scary at first but became manageable when I hopped 20 years into the future with a gold ingot using the Tardisdrive. The politicians were still arguing about Brexit and, due to their inability to make a decision, the resulting rampant inflation allowed me to pay off the bill with the gold ingot, even with added interest on the 20 year interest only nothing to pay for 20 years finance deal.

Secondly, the technology used in the installation is impressive but the drive options cannot replace the exhilaration of flooring the gas pedal and moving forward in real time rather than just appearing at the destination (good old vintage technology, although some would argue that it does use digital engine management). Also irreplaceable is the throaty roar of the Kompressor turbo charging the engine.

Thirdly, when driving with the added high tech drives, music sessions are over before they start and I much prefer the standard Mercedes Engine installation when listening to music. Born to be Wild really works well on the Dead PA system and I can listen to it all the way through before I arrive at my destination.

The most valuable part of the upgrade to me was the ability to re-size the CLK internal space to accommodate the sound system. So overall a good result, but as always, nothing is perfect, and I am now considering my next upgrade should be a larger Mercedes engine.
    Paul Hynes Design
    paulhynesdesign.com
    High Performance Power Supply upgrades
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16655

I'm Grant.

can i have some of what your on

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    can i have some of what your on

My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Made me laugh, A healthy sense of humour' after being in this industry for as long as you have Paul is to be admired!
    A...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hynes View Post
    A while back I decided to upgrade my vintage CLK sound system. I like a BIG sound and realised there was no way I could fit my dream car sound system in the CLK chassis so I had a Tardisdrive MKII installed to gain some extra internal space and an Infinite Improbability Drive was also installed to increase the travel mode options. This works particularly well as I can now partition the available space around the driver’s seat and even resize it on the hop, all without any perceivable increase in external footprint, and when travelling, I can appear everywhere and nowhere all at the same time or indeed any time.

The main driver’s auditorium area has now been increased in size to accommodate a replica of the Dead’s (Greatful Dead) touring concert PA system using enormous individual line source arrays for each musician and singer. It is also now possible to fit a full concert orchestra and choir in the auditorium for Carmina Burana sessions. Don’t you just love live music? Rock Musicians are now queuing for lifts just to get on the Dead stage and play their best music.

You may ask was this all worth the effort and cost, to which I would have to say yes, but with some caveats.

Firstly the cost estimate of £10T (trillion) was a little scary at first but became manageable when I hopped 20 years into the future with a gold ingot using the Tardisdrive. The politicians were still arguing about Brexit and, due to their inability to make a decision, the resulting rampant inflation allowed me to pay off the bill with the gold ingot, even with added interest on the 20 year interest only nothing to pay for 20 years finance deal.

Secondly, the technology used in the installation is impressive but the drive options cannot replace the exhilaration of flooring the gas pedal and moving forward in real time rather than just appearing at the destination (good old vintage technology, although some would argue that it does use digital engine management). Also irreplaceable is the throaty roar of the Kompressor turbo charging the engine.

Thirdly, when driving with the added high tech drives, music sessions are over before they start and I much prefer the standard Mercedes Engine installation when listening to music. Born to be Wild really works well on the Dead PA system and I can listen to it all the way through before I arrive at my destination.

The most valuable part of the upgrade to me was the ability to re-size the CLK internal space to accommodate the sound system. So overall a good result, but as always, nothing is perfect, and I am now considering my next upgrade should be a larger Mercedes engine.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Paul.

Hi Grant,

Yeah sure, just move to the outer rim of the known universe and become a hermit.

Hi Robbie,

How are you keeping lately?

Hi Anthony,

I like making people laugh. I might take up humourous writing for a living if I get fed up with working in electronics.

Last time we talked I asked you about a couple of ECC82/12AU7 type tubes with a really fat sound and a lonnnnnggggg sustain. Unfortunately I have lost the note I took of the tube type you recommended. I would like to purchase a couple for my Dead PA mixing console. Can you PM me with a price and details of how to pay?

Keep on chuckling my friend.

Regards,
    Paul
    Paul Hynes Design
    paulhynesdesign.com
    High Performance Power Supply upgrades
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16655

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hynes View Post
    Hi Grant,

Yeah sure, just move to the outer rim of the known universe and become a hermit.

Hi Robbie,

How are you keeping lately?

Hi Anthony,

I like making people laugh. I might take up humourous writing for a living if I get fed up with working in electronics.

Last time we talked I asked you about a couple of ECC82/12AU7 type tubes with a really fat sound and a lonnnnnggggg sustain. Unfortunately I have lost the note I took of the tube type you recommended. I would like to purchase a couple for my Dead PA mixing console. Can you PM me with a price and details of how to pay?

Keep on chuckling my friend.

Regards,
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Keeping good thanks and loving the additon of your SR7 psu and modules - vinyl / tt/ system never sounded better once those went in - top man, Hope you're good and keep the humour coming. The world needs laughter
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast