+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from Northampton :)

I'm Piotr.

Default Hi from Northampton :)

My name is Piotr, I'm from Poland living in UK.
    My audio system is composed of KEF Reference model 2 speakers, Musical Fidelity A1 (2008) amplifier, NAD C541 CD player connected via Musical Fidelity V-Dac ii, Technics SL-1210SR turntable (Nagaoka MP-150 cartridge), Nakamichi DR-3 tape recorder.

I'm Lawrence.

Nice set up Piotr. I've had all 4 models of those Kefs, and some of the.2s as well. They are great speakers and a bit under the radar hence good value. The 2s are the sweet spot of the range for normal sized rooms IMHO. What finish are they? Do yours have the optional bass attenuation screw in the back? Can be quite handy although I've always gone back to flat even if 6-9 inches from the back wall.

I also had the original A1 amp as well as an A100, I've not heard the latter version so I can't comment, is it "heavily biased into Class A" like the original?

What sort of music do you like? Have you looked into going to a file based source or streaming? I think the vdac has a USB input? (I have the mk1 in my second system.) I'd look at upgrading your dac as a next step sonically as the speakers improve with source upgrades to quite a high level.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Piotr.

Thanks
    A1 (2008) is amplifier made for listening to the music at night, it brings lots of details from music.
    Yes, I use V-DAC for computer audio with J-play to listen to hi-res music.
    My KEF's are finished in rosetta burr.
    What is your recent set up Lawrence?

I'm Lawrence.

My speakers are Usher CP6371 driven by a yamaha p1600 studio amp, cheap but I like the signs more than some more costly ones. I use an Olive or Liv Zen as my source into an MF Tri Vista dac, or a Metrum Octave. My main pre is a Django TVC (similar to a Music First). Have recently bought some Vivid Audio flat silver in cotton cables that have proved to be the icing on the cake

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Hi Piotr welcome to Aos. Hope you enjoy the site
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Piotr. Welcome to AOS.

Your CD player and DAC should be a good combination.

Tell us what music you like and what plans if any you may have for your system.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    Last edited by walpurgis; 02-09-2018 at 07:37.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Piotr,

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread