+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: CD player - not repairable confirmed - what to do next

I'm Steve.

Just another random thought...
    Guy called Mike P is selling some great Sony CD players on pfm.
    I am very tempted, but holiday has left no cash.
    Love to hear what these would sound like through the chord mojo (the coax out needs a wee adapter).
    In the meantime I’m waiting delivery of an IQaudiO digi out to see what the mojo does for streaming through rpi.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Just another random thought...
    Guy called Mike P is selling some great Sony CD players on pfm.
    I am very tempted, but holiday has left no cash.
    Love to hear what these would sound like through the chord mojo (the coax out needs a wee adapter).
    In the meantime I’m waiting delivery of an IQaudiO digi out to see what the mojo does for streaming through rpi.
    Unfortunately those Sony players collection only and a few hundred miles away
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Robin.

Was contemplating some of the same issues especially after my experiences over the last couple of days... might be of some use.
    So I have a Kenwood dp x9010 transport bought a while ago from a guy in Wales from AOS (sorry forgotten who). Anyway, it’s always been ok fed through a Caiman with Longdog linear supply. Preferred a rpi/iqaudio using a power bank fed from Ethernet NAS however.
    Until yesterday morning.
    So a couple of weeks ago I got a Chord Mojo to go on holiday with.
    It was fantastic feeding my Sennheiser 650’s on the plane using my iPhone. Not only that but it has two headphone out 3.5 mm so I could enjoy watching films from my wife’s iPad along with her.
    Yesterday morning (2nd week of hols!!) I thought I might see what it was like using the Kenwood into the Mojo and then switch it to line out into my Lyngdorf/Harbeth P3ESR’s.
    Just one of those OMG moments.
    It’s had me scrambling into the attic fishing out cds that I’ve stored away for years.
    Can’t quite believe I’m listening to the same machine. Detail/3D space etc etc

I don’t have the facility to feed the raspberry pi (well pies actually as I’ve got a few) into the mojo yet
    I need to get a digi out thing and pull out the iqaudio Dacs to compare, but I have a feeling I know what the result will be.
    Happy days

Ok, so the mojo was pushing £400. However given that it’s portable (battery only), the flexibility it gives is awesome and could be used for cd, streaming, portable audio... and of course in the car.
    Now that I am back from a wee week in the sun, I’ve started looking at the Mojo as an option.

I could pick up a cd transport plus mojo and maybe even the Chord poly which would also provide streaming in house and as a portable option which also appeals.

Anyone tried this?
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Steve.

Hi Robin
    The last few days with the mojo have been a revelation.
    I bought the iPhone usb/photo out which enabled you connect an iPhone into the mojo. Then downloaded the Onkyo app playing files I put on the phone via Waltr 2. Sounds complicated, but isn’t really.
    Allowed me to play flac files into the mojo and then via a mini jack lead into the car.
    Fantastic results.
    However it’s though the main system that I’ve been blown away.

Fixed up a raspberry pi with digi out into the mojo.
    Also discovered that you can output the mojo into RCA leads via one of those mini jack/phono adptors.

So now I’m streaming everything from my NAS as well as playing cd’s from my transport.

The shear enjoyment from this little wonder has been awesome.
    Now I need a poly. No doubt in my mind now. Just need to find £500 from somewhere.

I'm Robin.

Hi Robin
    The last few days with the mojo have been a revelation.
    I bought the iPhone usb/photo out which enabled you connect an iPhone into the mojo. Then downloaded the Onkyo app playing files I put on the phone via Waltr 2. Sounds complicated, but isn’t really.
    Allowed me to play flac files into the mojo and then via a mini jack lead into the car.
    Fantastic results.
    However it’s though the main system that I’ve been blown away.

Fixed up a raspberry pi with digi out into the mojo.
    Also discovered that you can output the mojo into RCA leads via one of those mini jack/phono adptors.

So now I’m streaming everything from my NAS as well as playing cd’s from my transport.

The shear enjoyment from this little wonder has been awesome.
    Now I need a poly. No doubt in my mind now. Just need to find £500 from somewhere.
    Thanks Steve,
    I am having a look at what cables/adapters I would require to use the Mojo in my main system and also with my IPhone 7 and IPad.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567