+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Turntable - novice intro/info

I'm Pete.

I think you may find a Linn Axis or Basik a little easier to setup and cheaper to purchase.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by losepete View Post
    I think you may find a Linn Axis or Basik a little easier to setup and cheaper to purchase.
    Are they still supported for spares? Also, it's not unknown for the Axis to have electrical issues.

I'm Pete.

I had an Axis for around 10 years and never had any problems with it. Worked well with both AT OC3 and Ortofon MC15 super MkII cartridges.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by losepete View Post
    I had an Axis for around 10 years and never had any problems with it. Worked well with both AT OC3 and Ortofon MC15 super MkII cartridges.
    http://andydoz.blogspot.com/2017/02/...il-repair.html

I'm Dave.

Neither are supported by Linn.

The original Basik was not very good and easily beaten by a Rega Planar-3. The only Basik we ever sold was the demo one at a knock down price.

The Axis was OK but had various problems including the occasional running backwards, having the effect of wiping out the stylus.

I'm Philip.

Now that linns are definately ruled out.

What about thorens td150 or td160?

How do they compare to a lenco gl75?

I'm Grant.

both good decks. can be fettled without too much knowledge as well. Usually best to put them in a better box as the ones the come with aint good.. the base is worse and is first thing to be replaced.
    I enjoyed doing mine and it ended up sounding very nice.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

No arguement here, a Thorens will do a nice job for you. Grant had a very beautiful one I still wish I'd bought too.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

The original arm (arms) on the TD150 are usable but a little rudimentary, changing them for something better is probably more of a task than you may wish to take on.

The first version of the TD160 was decent and had an arm that was a fair all-rounder, later arms had less appeal. It does however have a motor pulley clutch that can play up sometimes.

Both models will require tinkering to set up the subchassis supension.

Bigman80 Guest

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/...sic-turntable/

Vintage, stylish, top quality, beautiful but a little over budget

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast