Recently I purchased an LDR preamp from Mark/Sixty2. Link.

Only managed to plug it in today - most impressed with the openness, transparency and sheer musicality. For now I have not plugged it into the main system, just a temp rig.

In the sales thread a couple of issues were identified. The main one is that the battery charge input is using a standard IEC mains socket. I will change that to one of these.

The other issue is that the volume control has been wired counter-clockwise. Reading around it seems that all I need to do is switch over wires. However I don't know which 2 of the 3 wires to switch over.

The first picture below is the volume control. There are three wires, I'm guessing one is the input, one is the output and the third is common.

The second picture is one of the two PCBs. At J1 the wire goes to the vol control.

The third picture (of a larger PCB) the other two wires from the vol control goes to J36 and J27.

I'm guessing that the all blue wire going to J27 is common and should stay 'as is'. That leaves the possibility of switching J1 with J36.

Am I on the right track? If I just go ahead anyway will it damage anything?

The PCB designer is in Oz - maybe I will ask him as well but keen just to solder on.

cheers
E