+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vivid Audio Silver Flat cable

I'm Lawrence.

Default Vivid Audio Silver Flat cable

I've just bought this today, a pair of 10 foot cables, just enough to reach one of my speakers from the cabinet which is unfortunately placed to one side of the speakers. I have to say, it has surpassed all my expectations, I thought my old cable (a Belkin hybrid PCOCC cable) was pretty good but I can now hear the detail I was missing, and also the lack of treble hash I was unknowingly putting up with. The sound as I listen to Talvin Singh OK somehow reminds me of sunlight glittering off a fresh moving stream in summer and my concerns about spending so much have been comprehensively allayed. So I have finally been converted to the "it's worth spending a fair bit on cables" camp after years of doubting

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I've just bought this today, a pair of 10 foot cables, just enough to reach one of my speakers from the cabinet which is unfortunately placed to one side of the speakers. I have to say, it has surpassed all my expectations, I thought my old cable (a Belkin hybrid PCOCC cable) was pretty good but I can now hear the detail I was missing, and also the lack of treble hash I was unknowingly putting up with. The sound as I listen to Talvin Singh OK somehow reminds me of sunlight glittering off a fresh moving stream in summer and my concerns about spending so much have been comprehensively allayed. So I have finally been converted to the "it's worth spending a fair bit on cables" camp after years of doubting

That’s quite a recommendation! My personal experience for nearly all of my system, I fret forever over spending so much money, but once I break down and buy it, I have no remorse, the money is forgotten. A sure sign you’ve bought something good!

Russell

I'm Lawrence.

Just like me then (except if it involves a nice big pair of speakers )

Interestingly it seems these are not made by the strangely shaped speaker maker but a small music shop in Atlanta Georgia around 2006!

The previous owner put banana plugs on them, does anyone have experience of bare silver cable vs using bananas? I have a feeling there could be further improvements from removing the plugs.

Last edited by Lawrence001; 31-08-2018 at 08:40.

+ Reply to Thread