+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wharfedale Kingsdale 3

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by TEA FOR ONE View Post
    Wow! They look incredible! From what I've read,those purple tweets are awesome. Please post your impressions when you get them in your system.
    Yes indeed they do look incredible but that’s where the positives end, I’ve had many many quality speakers and these were without a doubt the worst I’ve ever heard .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Raymond.

So sorry to hear that. Never judge a book by its cover!
    Pro-Ject RPM 9.1,Speed Box II!Tube Box II,Denon DL 301 mkII,Onkyo C7030,Bluesound Node,Aric Audio Unlimited,(Promitheus Audio TVC) First Watt F5,(Monarchy Audio SM70 mk2 x2) Hornshoppe Great Horned Heils,(Nola Boxer 2's) HSU Research stf-1x2,vtf-2 mk3.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    Yes indeed they do look incredible but that’s where the positives end, I’ve had many many quality speakers and these were without a doubt the worst I’ve ever heard .

I take it they were paid for and collected before you wrote that?! I had my concerns about that purple tweeter and the cabinet.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

They'd probably improve with new caps.

I'm Grant.

Could be surprisingly decent when fettled. Wharfdales big drivers were ok
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I take it they were paid for and collected before you wrote that?! I had my concerns about that purple tweeter and the cabinet.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    I was asked the question “ how do they sound “ by one potential AOS buyer and I told them what I thought, having said that I did have a queue of other potential buyers on other sites, they sold within minutes and the buyer is very happy with them 🤷🏼*♂️.

I'm Lawrence.

Sorted, everyone has different taste, one man's meat and all that. For 15" speakers it feels like a bargain.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Sorted, everyone has different taste, one man's meat and all that. For 15" speakers it feels like a bargain.
    Well I think you had the right idea Lawrence when you mentioned internal bracing etc , in my opinion a 15” in a relatively small box was never going to be great , also their weight of just 19kg’s gave me a clue when I first collected them .

I'm Paul.

Shame they didn’t work well for you. Suppose it’s the combination of speakers, amp, room, music and personal taste. Sometimes it just doesn’t mesh.
    ~Paul~

I'm Andrew.

Default Wharfedale Kingsdale 3

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    Shame they didn’t work well for you. Suppose it’s the combination of speakers, amp, room, music and personal taste. Sometimes it just doesn’t mesh.
    Initially they sounded good when I first tested on our crappy kitchen system so I then plugged them into the marantz Pm4 and then I tried them with the Yamaha and the results in both were negative, in fact bloody horrible! I do recap all my speaker finds but on this occasion I didn’t think the extra cost ( and higher selling price)was worth it .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast