+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Record Cleaning In London.

I'm brian.

Default Record Cleaning In London.

Looking to clean a few records this week but Sister Ray in Soho no longer undertakes this for customers. Wonder if anyone knows
    of any others in London area worth a try ?. Many thanks

I'm John.

Don't know what the commercial rate is for cleaning a record, ut would think in the long run it would be worth investing in your own RCM. They not that expensive these days for a leccy one, but even the manual ones can be had around the £40 - £50 Mark.

I'm brian.

Yes buying an r.c.m in the medium term is the plan. Was just needing a solution short term to tie me over.
    Thanks for reply.

I'm Adam.

If it’s say 7 records or under you are welcome to spin by Barnet at some point that’s convenient
    And I’ll clean them for you on my machine... to get you out of a hole. Any more than that and it’s not practical.
    As I dislike cleaning records at the best of times ..

I personally don’t know if a shop cleaning service. Maybe worth giving either Audio Gold (Hornsey) or Graham’s (Islington)
    A bell.
    Or pick up a bottle of ready made cleaning fluid that Flashbackin Islington sell, a brush and a couple of record cloths and you can manually do them. It works well tbh.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Richard.

Default If you are desperate ....

Rat Records have a Loricraft machine. They are based in Denmark Hill in south London. I had a few records done years ago but the current price is now £5 for an LP!!!

I'm brian.

Thanks for the replies guy s. Adam that is really kind of you and 3 or 4 cleaned is all I need. Some of my favourite records are getting quite embarrassingly bad
    now and a trip to pick up my audio innovations/ border patrol power supply from David s (A D Audio) is going to include a nice moosic session.
    Just to mention David says the amp s sounding beautiful and is amazed how well its driving his mighty Canterbury Tannoys, in power reducing triode mode to boot !
    I ll send Pm Adam. Thanks

Brian, I can also assist if need be.
    Paul.

I'm brian.

Thats good of you Paul. Thats 1 or 2 options, will keep in touch.

I'm Loz.

+1 Brian. If you fancy a day by the seaside, bring some with you and I'll do them for you.
    Last edited by HackneyRF; 30-08-2018 at 08:44. Reason: Typo

I'm brian.

Hey Loz, yer a gent sir as always. Well, the Mahler lp you cleaned last year when I brought the firebottle around certainly made SOME improvement.
    With everyone s kindness this could almost be my version of crowd funding !. Can see newspaper headlines now, Poor Hampstead Man ( that ll raise a few eyebrows )
    cycles length and breadth of southern England to clean a few aged records all because of his low income. Well I jest. Thanks all.

+ Reply to Thread