+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the longest time EAC has taken to rip one of your CDs?

I'm fabulous.

All About Eve is a copyrighted CD...they mess up the table of contents or something that gets ignored by redbook CD players but causes problems on computers. Well that's how it was explained to me. I had a few of these copyrighted CDs in my collection when I did a three month ripping marathon a few years ago - and I remember this was one of them.

Anyway by means other than EAC or dbpoweramp I obtained a digital lossless copy of that album and my CD copy is stored with the others in the loft.

And I don't care, this album along with Scarlet and other Stories is a cracker <lol>
    lossless > Raspberry PI-3b+ > allo Boss > Van Damme Purple interconnect >
    Myryad Z210 CD Player > Chord Chameleon Silver+ interconnect >

into Magnum IA170 amplifier > Van Damme Blue 4mm cable > Mission 752 Freedom Floorstanders
    Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-back

I'm Richard.

Which mode of ripping are you using in your settings? Burst mode, EAC secure ripper or Paranoia mode? This makes all the difference. I avoid paranoia mode as there's just no need for it. Secure ripper seems OK for the vast majority of CDs but there's always the odd one it starts getting stuck on, so in that case go for Burst mode which is always the fastest, then just have a good listen for any clicks. I've so rarely had issues using Burst mode that it became my mode of choice (until moving to a Mac for all of my ripping anyway).
    Rich

I'm Ade.

EAC works really well if set up correctly. Definitely ignore Paranoia mode as already stated but if whilst ripping it detects errors it will try to correct these errors by discs already on the database and filling in the gaps.

If the grid at the bottom of the rip is flowing red it's detecting errors. Sometimes it just can't cross reference the issues and then I rip using Foobar. I doubt you'd tell the difference tbh.

There are plenty of good on-line tutorials for correct setting up of EAC if you haven't done so already. Ideally don't go with quick set up, take your time and did you cross reference an original disc to read your drives offset etc?

Ade...

I'm Kevin.

EAC is set up in Secure mode.
    It seems fine to me in this mode, but thanks for the tips.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm James.

Secure mode is best with EAC, especially good if you have a drive capable of reading C2 data.

For the odd disk that just wont play nicely I switch to burst mode which may not be 100% accurate but at least delivers listenable results
    Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck / Kuzma Stogi S / Benz Micro Ace S L
    Lenco L-75 / Carl Ellis Plinth / Ortofon AS-212 / Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST-7 SUT / Nick G Modded Lentek Head Amp / Croft RIAA

Cambridge Audio CXU / Theta DS Pro Prime

Classé Model 30 / Luxman M-383

Usher Compass X-719

May contain opinions that others find disturbing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12