+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Art 9

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Steve.

Default Art 9

I have been lucky enough to borrow an Audio Technica ART 6 cartridge for a week or two and I have to report that in my system it is awesome. Anyone else using one or have views on this cartridge?

I'm David.

No, but only ever read good reports. I think this was the cartridge I would have purchased had I not sent my Lyra for a re-tip.

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    I have been lucky enough to borrow an Audio Technica ART 6 cartridge for a week or two and I have to report that in my system it is awesome. Anyone else using one or have views on this cartridge?
    I dont have a bad word to say about mine at its pricepoint. It comfortably beats many more expensive carts and does everything I personally like. Detail, air; and dynamics by the truckload. Once dialled in its stunning. I think its actually really underpriced for the performance it gives. Im yet to hear anything sub £1500 that makes me think im missing out. Cant see me changing until it dies or i come into a significant sum of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Paul.

Sold my Kiseki for one of these without any regret, it really is a superb cartridge, once set up burnt in.
    HI-FI SYSTEM:-
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.
    Yamaha GT2000 T/Table with Shure MKIV Cartridge and Jeco VN-45HE SAS/R Stylus.
    Bang & Olufsen Beolab18's and the 19 Sub Speakers.

A/V 5.1 System :-
    Soundsend Wisa box.
    Harmen Kardon front and rear satellite.
    Legend 10.2 Silverback Active Centre.

I'm Mike.

Pleased you're enjoying it Steve, i can't see me getting my arm back for at least a month, apart from getting fixed it's getting the upgrade to the series 6 so i'll give you a call when i know when it will be ready and i'll bring the TT over.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Pleased you're enjoying it Steve, i can't see me getting my arm back for at least a month, apart from getting fixed it's getting the upgrade to the series 6 so i'll give you a call when i know when it will be ready and i'll bring the TT over.
    Cool. Many thanks Mike.

I'm Deleted.

Hang on a minute - the thread title says ‘Art 9’ and then Steve immediately starts writing about the ‘ART 6’ - so which is it?
    Account Deleted

I'm mark.

I've had one for a while, along with Koetsu Red sig (Goldring rebuilt) and Accuphase AC-5, I don't think lacks anything in that company. Any other 'boutique' manufacturer it'd be twice the price +.

The one cart that can leave it sounding a little .....flat... is Decca SG, but that has the caveat of it needs to be the right record. I haven't found a formulae for what suits the Decca, being clean is essential but it's also picky about pressing.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Hang on a minute - the thread title says ‘Art 9’ and then Steve immediately starts writing about the ‘ART 6’ - so which is it?
    As soon as said as mended ha ha. I must have pressed the key upside down. Thanks for the heads up Mark.

I'm Steve.

Oh bugger. Looks like I will have to start saving up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast