+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this legit you think?

I'm Anto.

Did you see the letter that was on Barclays heading paper , telling the 'customer' to return his/her credit card to Moulten Keynes (yes Moulten ) because there was a bad batch of chips which could burst into flame in your wallet /pants and burn you horribly ?

Bar stewards
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Gary.

Had some fun with the "We are Microsoft and detected a virus on your computer" phone call the other week...

Told them I ran Linux...
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Paul.

I get quite a few from Amazon telling me to click the link and sign in in order to verify my account.
    ~Paul~

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Had some fun with the "We are Microsoft and detected a virus on your computer" phone call the other week...

Told them I ran Linux...
    I had the same but didn't tell I was running Linux for quite a while. I asked him what version I was using and guess what ... he couldn't tell me.

I told him he was full of sh1t at the end,

I'm Geoff.

Had some fun with the "We are Microsoft and detected a virus on your computer" phone call the other week.
    I get those now and then and the 'market research' ones. I just tell them to fuck off!

I'm Gary.

I get BT telling me someone's hacking my internet connection, moved from BT 9 months ago.
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Grant.

Told them I ran Linux...
    My son gets those... ive had it now and then too. he kinda confuses the *--* out of them when he tells them truthfully he doesnt have a computer.... then when they are trying to fumble about he also adds he doesnt have the internet either....and he doesnt
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    My son gets those... ive had it now and then too. he kinda confuses the *--* out of them when he tells them truthfully he doesnt have a computer.... then when they are trying to fumble about he also adds he doesnt have the internet either....and he doesnt
    Confusing them is definitely the most entertaining option.

I like to put them on the back foot right from the opening sentence.

I ask them in an enthusiastic voice...”Oh....are you phoning about the Dragons?.....”

Usually followed by a pregnant pause, then a phone hangup at their end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Geoff.

Next time I get a dodgy phone call, I think I may say 'you are speaking to the national crime agency fraud division' and see what the response may be.

I'm Steve.

My next nuisance call will go something like this:

Hello?
    Hello can I speak to Mr. Stephen Callaghan?
    Mr. Callaghan is asleep right now, I'm his carer. Can I help you?
    It's Mr. Stephen Callaghan, can I speak to Mr. Stephen Callaghan?
    Look, I'm not waking him up, it's taken me an hour to get him down.

My last one, where I tell the caller that Mr. Callaghan recently died, and I'm a family member worked well, but I've been told to stop it as I'm tempting providence or something.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast